Req ID: 35706
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s):Irvine (CA)
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: a. Up to 25%
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
COVID-19 Hiring: We recognize how... challenging it is to start a new role with a new company during this uncertain time.Our HR team and hiring managers are here to support you every step of the way. During the pandemic, we've transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. All of our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual. We encourage you to discuss Capital Group's response to COVID-19 throughout your recruiting process.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is a member of the Global Real Estate team responsible for overseeing the project team of internal team members, consultants, contractors, and other external vendors. Internal team members include IT, A/V, OS, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Security, Finance/Accounting and Legal. Project examples include designing and constructing interior tenant improvements across the globe, ranging from full new fit-outs to minor furniture reconfigurations. The Senior Project Manager will be based out of our Irvine office and will report to the Senior Manager of Global Real Estate.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
• Lead the real estate project delivery process for various Capital Group locations globally, including space planning, design and planning, budget development, permitting, construction, and commissioning. Develops and recommend budget and scope of work to be completed.
• Ensures project scope meets CG business requirements.
• Identifies problems and recommends/implements solutions in a proactive and timely manner.
• Creates, controls, and manages the project schedule. This includes incorporating dates and times for decisions, identifying and driving design deliverables, procurement of materials and subcontracts, lead times for fabrication, and field installation, is established and maintained.
• Ensure that the prescribed and high-quality financial control measures are implemented and maintained throughout the life of the project.
• Develops alternative solutions for potential material and/or resource issues. Is accountable for surfacing issues proactively and recommends solutions to ensure project stays on schedule, stays within budget and meets business requirements.
• Closely align with internal colleagues and stakeholders globally across Office Services, Information Technology, Security, Real Estate, and the business group.
• Establish successful regional partnerships with architects, engineers, consultants, and contractors.
• Provide clear and frequent project updates to leaders and internal stakeholders that define project status, schedule, budget, and risks.
• Leverage our global scale and purchasing power to reduce overall costs on goods and services on an annual basis.
• Is accountable for project success and the overall coordination of external and internal resources
• Prepare regular project and financial reports and ensure accuracy of reports.
• Identifies problems and recommends/implements solutions in a proactive and timely manner
• Collaborate with the Legal department and Strategic Sourcing and Procurement to draft agreements. Prepare other documents including but not limited to RFPs, kick-off meeting agendas, meeting minutes, all project logs (i.e. RFI, submittal, etc), purchase orders, and change orders.
• Prepare construction cost analysis and estimates to support prospective leasing and subleasing efforts and other business opportunities when applicable.
• Facilitate the effective execution and filing of project closeout documentation, including but not limited to as-built drawings, warranties, manuals, and unconditional lien releases.
• Monitor industry developments and stay current on best-practices including but not limited to corporate interior design, project management, construction practices, safety guidelines,
• Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
• 7+ years' experience in Design/Construction project delivery in a high speed and dynamic environment
• Ability to lead and manage projects across multiple teams or groups
• Ability to prioritize and high level of organizational skills
• Ability to read, draw, and mark-up construction drawings and detailed design information.
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior business leaders and others within the broader CG organization
• Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions
• Effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates
• Possesses intellectual curiosity and strong analytical skills
• Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving project matters of high complexity
• Ability to collaborate and develop/maintain working relationships inside and outside the organization
• Demonstrates effective and professional service orientation and builds appropriate rapport with internal and external contacts, while maintaining accountability
• Construction Management and/or architectural background required.
• This role requires site reviews and inspections at CG owned and leased facilities including walking through active construction zones and surveying safety precautions.
• Work is sometimes performed outside of normal business hours. Additionally, urgent response issues often require a 24-hour on-call commitment as needed.
• *This role requires occasional domestic and non-US travel approximately 20% of the time.
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.9trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law