Who We Are
We created Getaway to give people time, space, and permission to be off. Our tiny cabins in nature provide a break from the city, technology, and work, so that guests can recharge and reconnect to who and what matters most.
Vision: A world where free time is a right and a ritual.
Mission: To make space in the world for free time.
About the Role
The Real Estate Manager (REM) plays an integral role in the Real Estate Development team, and will be responsible for helping drive the growth of the company. The REM helps lead the department's real estate acquisition activities, working closely with the entire development team and reporting directly to the Director of Real Estate.
The REM should have a basic knowledge of commercial real estate, and experience in developing and maintaining a real estate pipeline is required. The ideal applicant is someone who is a self-starter, very resourceful, works well independently and within a collegial team environment, and has strong... organizational and communication skills. The ideal candidate is also capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable with taking ownership along with tactical day to day execution of growth efforts.
- Lead the execution of building and maintaining a robust real estate acquisition pipeline by forming strategic partnerships within the commercial real estate industry among brokers and land owners
- Source, evaluate, and present new potential real estate deals to the Real Estate Leadership team
- Perform pre-diligence tasks on qualified leads, including preliminary financial underwriting, zoning compliance analysis, permitting requirements research, and overall adherence to site selection criteria
- Manage all real estate pipeline databases and CRM tracker to ensure accurate status updates and performance reporting to the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Prepare meeting materials and presentations for Senior Leadership team review
- Travel to target markets across the country to review new site development opportunities
- Manage Google Drive, ensuring all materials and documents are properly stored
- Participate in weekly Real Estate and Construction team meetings, and circulate notes as needed
- Lead ad hoc real estate projects as may be requested by the Director of Real Estate
- 3 - 5 years of experience in commercial real estate preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Experience in Dealpath or similar real estate CRM database preferred
- Experience in hospitality or retail brokerage, investment, or development preferred
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, strong interpersonal skills, and efficient communicator
- Self-starter mentality with a knack for problem solving
- High emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Keen sense of accountability and integrity
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Comfortable in a small, fast-paced, startup environment. You will wear a lot of hats but also take a lot of ownership
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, take direction, receive feedback and execute accordingly
- This position is full-time and Remote
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, largely funded by the Company
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- 12 Getadays per year (think 3-day weekends once a month—time for you to connect with what is important in your life)
- 20 Vacation Days (these are mandatory—you have to use them annually)
- Overnight visits to our Outposts
- Working with amazing teams that are passionate about our mission and product