Senior Account Manager, New York
About this role….
As a Senior Account Manager for NWEA®, you will be responsible for managing and growing a targeted group of existing NWEA customers (Partners) by building long-term relationships and adding value to the Partner. Working on a regional team, led by a Director, your focus is to ensure Partner retention and satisfaction, and drive increased use of NWEA Products and Services to improve our Partners ability to help all kids learn. As the key contact for our Partners, we value responsiveness and listening to our Partners to increase the value of the relationship with NWEA and to build their loyalty and satisfaction. For this role, you will work closely with the Account Executives in the state of New York who are responsible for the acquisition of new partners. It is expected that Account Managers and Account Executives reside in or near their assigned region.
As the account owner, your key areas of work include managing all annual... renewals, optimizing account revenue, expanding the number of students being tested by the district, uncovering needs for new products and services, building relationships with district stakeholders, and establishing a long-term plan for Professional Development to increase the use and value of their relationship with NWEA. As a Senior Account Manager, you will work with the extended NWEA organization, including Marketing and Support to ensure the needs of our Partners are met. Other responsibilities include providing product Webinars, data coaching, resolving Partner issues, supporting Account Executives in acquiring new accounts and expanding Partner understanding of the value of NWEA products and services.
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in more than 9,500 schools, districts, and education agencies in 145 countries.
Your next challenge…
• Be the primary NWEA account contact for a portfolio of existing Partners
• Ensure Partner loyalty and customer satisfaction for retention through proactive outreach. Establish Partner communication strategy to uncover needs and resolve issues
• Strategically position new products and services in existing accounts; ultimately driving revenue growth and district expansion
• Achieve renewal and expansion targets as defined by the regional objectives
• Effectively create and manage regional lead generation campaigns to secure renewal revenue and increase level of district penetration
• Support Account Executives with events and BOCES work as needed
• Provide leadership to peers and represent the team throughout the organization
• Support pilots in collaboration with Account Executive
• Demonstrate effective lead follow-up into existing accounts as measured by expansion and the use of new products and services
• Proactively work with region or organization on projects to improve processes that improve the customer experience
• Plan and prioritize new product, expansion and retention activities in alignment with team and organizational goals, budgets and timelines
• Deliver effective webinars, introductions and other sales calls and activities as needed
• Implement effective processes, procedures and use of support materials to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in meeting each partner’s unique needs
• Stay current and knowledgeable about NWEA Products and Services and the education market, including issues, trends, relevant laws and competition
• Inform Partners about features and benefits of products and services on a regular and proactive basis using consultative sales process
• Use Salesforce to manage Partner opportunities and pipeline for renewals, expansions and new products and services. Keep data accurate, up to date and comprehensive; use Salesforce for Partner, pipeline and Regional reports and dashboards and for data to drive Partner activity
• Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and/or contractual requirements; accurately process and schedule partner transactions including quotes and orders
• Travel as needed for Regional, Partner or NWEA events, up to 20%
Traits for success….
• Commitment to the NWEA mission and culture
• Ability to be effective in a growing organization, and handle a large volume of customer accounts and activity
• Demonstrated skill and experience with selling and managing customer relationships over the phone, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
• Clear communicator, strong verbal, writing skills
• General knowledge of education market, school and business operations and functions
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals and independently
• Ability to meet personal and team retention, renewal and expansion goals and work well with Partner Accounts team and NWEA organization
• Demonstrated ability to manage sales opportunities and pipeline and sell additional products and services to existing customers
• Ability to frequently assess the effectiveness of processes and procedures and recommend improvements. Act as a facilitator and team leader
• Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
• Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
• Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Builds networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Being resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Education and experience…
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business or a related field is required
• 3 to 4 years of account management experience is required
• Sales experience within the K-12 education market
• Demonstrated experience with developing and maintaining Partner relationships
• Must possess attributes necessary to master consultative sales skills and the ability to translate Partner needs into NWEA solutions
• Deep understanding of K-12 education industry; familiarity with curriculum and assessment methods highly preferred
• Experience with NWEA products and services is highly preferred
What we can offer you…
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
NWEA strives to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) practices the center of our work. Our organization’s mission, Partnering to Help All Kids Learn, is the foundation for our DEIA commitment as we work to reflect, value, and support the educators, students, colleagues, and communities we serve. We seek to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions and products we provide, our organizational culture, and the partnerships we establish with schools, districts, states, and countries.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at o[email protected]
and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit our website.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website