Our customers are our most valued asset, and developing a strong relationship is paramount to our success. The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will act as a trusted advisor to their portfolio of clients as they manage the full customer lifecycle management and be actively involved in all phases of the customer’s journey with Formations, including customer onboarding, adoption, quarterly business reviews, customer renewals, and customer health initiatives. The CSM will be relentlessly customer-centric while managing the needs of the business and possess excellent written and verbal communication, project management, and customer success skills. You are committed to providing an excellent, value-focused customer experience. Basic accounting knowledge is a plus.
Skills and Traits:
- You are comfortable framing discussions around achieving goals and objectives.
- You are comfortable working with customers to effectively leverage services and technology solutions and helping them find... value in the service we provide.
- You are a lifelong learner.
- You take a consultative approach and have collaborative nature when solving problems; you enjoy building relationships.
- You have the training, onboarding, and/or implementation experience
- You are naturally curious and a self-starter
- Willingness to act as customer voice and champion to internal stakeholders
- An overall team player willing to jump and support wherever possible across all functional areas of the business.
- You are comfortable in a rapidly changing, often ambiguous environment.
- Culture advocate, actively participating to ensure a great employee and team experience.
Nice to have experience:
- General ledger accounting, including monthly reconciliations of all customer accounts, preparation of regular state excise filings, management of payroll, and annual closure of the books for tax preparation.
- Current accounting and payroll technology and stay on top of the industry's rapid changes.
- Manage all aspects of customer adoption and lifecycle milestones, including ensuring renewals, identifying opportunities for expansion, and upsell for our customers
- Support efforts to mine and develop an understanding of customer feedback and drive the closed-loop process.
- Help maintain above-industry-average retention rates.
- Utilize Hubspot (CRM) for managing customer information, customer tasks, and preparing value-based content
- Manage a roster of customers via Xero and reviewing entries by your team of Data Entry Specialists (DES)
- Ensure financial health of client while ensuring compliance in all areas
- Set expectations, develop and communicate the implementation project timeline, and defines the onboarding process.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- 2+ years in customer success, customer experience, project management, account management, or equivalent history in a customer service role.
- Excellent customer management and project management abilities
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and analytical.
- Strong team player; thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on the fly.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products
- Comfortable using and learning new technologies
- CRM experience (or something similar) strongly preferred
This full-time position offers a competitive base salary and benefits package. We go above and beyond in our commitment to our staff's health, well-being, and happiness by offering flexible paid time away from work, weekly team culture events, volunteer time off, and other surprise perks throughout the year. Formations is an equal opportunity employer.
About Formations Corp
Founded in 2019, Formations Corp is a growing FinTech startup based in Kirkland, WA. Our mission is to help every self-employed person maximize their financial potential and well-being -- and we plan on giving the small business accounting and benefits industries a good shaking-up in the process.
Self-employed folks start their businesses to focus on their clients and their impact, not to spend half their days pouring over their books and stressing about taxes. Formations wants to give our customers the time and peace of mind to do what they do best – and to help them earn the most for it. This means we do all the back-of-the-house financial work to maximize our customers’ business health and compliance, tax savings, personal health and retirement benefits, and peace of mind.
This full-time position offers a competitive base salary and benefits package. We go above and beyond in our commitment to our staff's health, well-being, and happiness by also offering flexible paid time away from work, weekly team culture events, volunteer time off, and other surprise perks throughout the year. Formations Corp is an equal opportunity employer