At Ethos, we are creating the conditions for everyone to thrive at work. We’re a full-service diversity, equity, and inclusion transformation organization focused on helping our clients responsibly use and share power as means of uplifting underrepresented and underserved groups.
As the Manager – Training and Consulting at Ethos, you will support and develop learners of all stripes in growing and growth-stage companies. By designing, delivering, refining, and productizing all of the company’s internal and client-facing training and consulting offerings, you will be responsible for helping Ethos become the most sought-after and effective DEI firm in the Midwest. The Objectives You’re Here to Meet
• Support the development of custom solutions across DEI assessments and roadmaps, hiring, retention, and equitable promotion practices, and policy development and review.
• Create, develop, and deliver training and learning event materials across our portfolio of 50+ client companies.
•... Product Ethos trainings digitally and in live settings by managing technology, run of show, facilitation packets, and measurement.
• Identify areas for improvement, standardization, and productization across all Ethos training and consulting offerings.
• Ensure Ethos executes with excellence for clients through project management, especially by managing and improving existing systems and setting up standards for communicating with clients.
How You’ll Meet Those Objectives Consulting
• Attend and eventually conduct Discovery meetings with clients to determine what they need in order to achieve DEI outcomes.
• Translate Discovery notes into clearly defined and time-boxed Project Plans that allow for the construction of deliverables and solutions.
• Develop recommendations using our assessment model: Recruiting, Retention, Promotion, and Protection.
• Support the implementation of consulting projects, including launching and reinvigorating affinity groups, developing hiring practices that eliminate bias, developing and leading onboarding programs, supporting the construction of levels, growth frameworks, and growth plans for companies, and creating DEI policies and statements.
• Coordinate contractors supporting special projects around wage equity and equity audits. Training
• Design new curriculum plans and learning programs for the market, including in new disciplines and for new kinds of clients.
• Design, develop, and test new individual trainings across our existing discipline areas: diversity, equity, and inclusion, mindfulness and stress management, emotional intelligence, core skills (aka soft skills), management development, and leadership development.
• Explore and text experience design concepts and apply them to our current offerings.
• Architect and maintain Ethos Knowledge and Exercise Libraries. Clients
• Account manage select clients, with a special emphasis on Training clients.
• Deliver signature training and identify areas for improvement.
• Engage in user research to improve existing offerings and develop new ones for our clients.
• Proactively seek opportunities to surprise and delight clients through project communications.
• Serve as a co-facilitator on major live trainings and/or coordinate other co-facilitators.
• Fact check and proofread all final deliverables for clients.
• Conduct research on special client projects in order to provide more robust and useful recommendations.
• Take on ad hoc projects to help with production and implementation on client accounts.
• Manager our Train the Trainer program to support new contract facilitators.
• Manage and track all client engagements, progress, milestones, and metrics in the Ethos client management system.
• Analyze client management system data to better understand time allocation and make improvements.
• Serve as a sounding board and brainstorm partner to the CEO when developing areas of the business, especially in relation to research and development, client service, and market expansion. What We’re Looking For
• You are called to create equity and belonging. You are drawn to Ethos because you want to create a more equitable and inclusive working world, one where power is evenly distributed and everyone can be appreciated and leveraged for all they are at work. You have extensive knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion, whether through self-taught or formal means.
• You thrive in ambiguity and startup environments. You love ordering chaos, and are genuinely excited when faced with change. Pivots energize you, and navigating uncertainty gives you a sense of purpose. You are an adventure-seeker who doesn’t like to sit still, and instead of being afraid that something is outside of your wheelhouse, you see every shift as an opportunity to learn. You prefer small teams – like, really small – and appreciate the flexibility they offer professionally.
• You’re the Marie Kondo of the working world: You believe every problem is solvable… with a list. You are meticulous and orderly in every aspect of your work, and have the task management systems to prove it. You are obsessed with building processes and systems, and nothing brings you greater joy than seeing a project through. You’re more interested in designing the steps needed to reach an outcome than anything else at work.
• You are client-focused to your core. Your driving purpose at work is to make clients happy, especially by thinking up new ways to give them what they want and need before they have thought of it themselves. While you love variety and are never happier than when you are working on several different projects at once, you make every client feel like a priority. How We Invest in You
• Compensation: We offer competitive compensation including performance bonuses after one year. We offer $62,000 – $70,000 for this role depending on the candidate’s capabilities and skills.
• Benefits: We offer Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance and cover 80% of the premium. We also offer an IRA Plan through Ethos, where we match your contributions up to a cap of 3% of your annual salary.
• Career Development: Ethos believes in the work we do; our employees get the best of all we have to offer for their own personal development, including quarterly facilitated team development sessions and offsites.
• Book Learning: At Ethos, “readers are leaders.” We cover the cost of two books a month, whether in print, digital, or audiobook form. It doesn’t matter if the books are professional, personal, or both; the only question we’ll ask is if we should read them, too!
• Continuing Education Stipend: After nine months with Ethos, the Marketing Associate will receive up to a $2,000 quarterly stipend for education, whether through conferences, live or online classes, or anything else that furthers learning.
• Vacation Time: We encourage employees to take the time they need to bring their best selves to work, which means we offer an open vacation policy.
• Flexible Officing: During COVID-19, our team is fully remote for our safety and well-being. Pre-and-post COVID-19, we prefer to have you in our office three days a week; otherwise, you’re welcome to work remote from anywhere that’s most convenient for you!More About Ethos
We truly believe in people. It’s this deep-rooted belief in others that drives us. We aim to give our clients the security to pursue optimism. That’s what shapes our values. We do this through culture consulting, DEI consulting, learning design and training, and talent development.
Our values help us achieve our vision for the future.
• Start with Why: We always know the “why” behind everything we do.
• Always Learn: We are focused on becoming better each day through consistent, concerted research, practice, and study.
• Teach Love: We fill our days with work that gives us purpose. We listen to and understand others, and help them to love what they do and the people around them.
• Build a Better Future: We believe in possibility and the potential for future growth and see every challenge, obstacle, and experience as an opportunity.
If you want to learn more about what we do and why it matters, visit: ethostalent.c