We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Data Engineer for a senior position with our client. Candidate must have extensive hands-on data warehouse, ETL, and data modeling experience. The ideal candidate will have 7 years of experience in database development and an expert in writing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures for loading data into data warehouse/marts. Requirement gathering, data analysis, profiling and meeting with business users is also part of the daily work effort.
This position will be 100% remote. This is a 12-month contract with possible extensions.
Qualifications of Senior Data Engineer:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of database development experience.
- Experience with the following: Linux Server, MPP Architecture (Netezza, Teradata or alike), Windows Active Directory, VM Ware, or WSRM (Preferred.)
- Strong data analysis and modeling experience.
- Can effectively work with business users and other technical team members.
- Be able to lead data efforts from a technical... aspect providing solutions to handle data issues.
- Must be an expert in writing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures for loading data into data warehouse and data marts.
- In depth understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and experience in creating data warehouse star schemas with Kimball methodology.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and version/source control disciplines.
- Understanding of working in an Agile/Scrum Project Development environment.
- Must be able to perform impact data analysis and data profiling on source data systems and determine the best way to model data.
- The ability to work effectively within a team environment and as a lead SQL developer but an individual contributor.
- Ability to perform peer code reviews, troubleshoot and solve problems independently and/or collaboratively
- Ability to work with business users to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Understand complex logic and solve data issues by coming up with sound technical solutions.
Requirements of Senior Data Engineer:
- Must have solid written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Collaborative, team-first mentality with the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical users, and team members.
- Must be able to produce thorough technical design documents, test plans and documented results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- Experience with Snowflake Administration, Netezza administration (Preferred.)
- Work references will be requested.
Preferred Experience of Senior Data Engineer
- Data Warehouse: 5 years (Preferred)
- SDLC: 2 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 7 year (Required)
- Netezza: 3 years (Required)
- DataStage: 2 years (Preferred)
- Machine Learning (Desired)
- Teradata or other MPP systems