Purpose And Scope
Manages all new site acquisition transactions for FMS projects, specifically the DeNovo projects and other relocation projects. Conducts market due diligence, identifies appropriate sites analyses and compares real estate deals using net present value (NPV) and other financial metrics. Meets company goals and objectives while ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory, division and company requirements, policies and procedures. Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Conducts market due diligence work for new site locations; collaborates with field brokers to obtain the most advantageous agreement within the constraints of local restrictions and FMCNA standards and requirements, negotiates with landlords and developers to drive the best deals for FMCNA while... maintaining timely delivery of the real estate function as it pertains to a particular project.
- Manages the complete site acquisition transaction process for FMS real estate projects. This includes:
- Identification of appropriate sites.
- Analysis and evaluation of real estate development opportunities including engaging and directing local Real Estate Brokers, and conducting net present value analyses, market and feasibility (financial etc) studies.
- Presenting options and making recommendations to management regarding decisions of site selection.
- Conducting the related negotiations with third parties.
- Performing any other functions to conclude the transaction.
- Provides oversight for all real estate elements of new site selection projects, specifically the DeNovo project and other relocation projects. These functions may include:
- Engages and directs local field brokers to actively manage the process by providing criteria and requirements to ensure the property meets FMCNA standards and local requirements.
- Conducts market analyses and identifies real estate trends and anomalies. Addresses and resolves issues and makes recommendations to senior management as necessary.
- Utilizes cost containment strategies to negotiate the best lease terms, includes lease rates, tenant improvement allowances, and other business lease terms.
- Ensures the accuracy of information and lease data into database management system.
- Communicates with FMS field and corporate management regarding pertinent real estate services.
- Utilizes knowledge of industry current "best practices" to develop and implement a project reporting and performance measurement system, includes creating analysis and reporting templates on lease related activities. Ensures users are appropriately trained on using the tools.
- Researches and obtains 3rd party fair market values to ensure compliance with referral source leasing arrangements. Identifies and resolves anomalies and discrepancies.
- Collects Fair Market Real Estate Commissions for Health Property Services (HPS), i.e. FMCNA, on all transactions where possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
Physical Demands And Working Conditions
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, MBA preferred
Experience And Required Skills
- 5 years’ experience in commercial real estate brokerage or corporate lease
- Experience in project management preferred
- Real Estate Brokers license preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.