Mazars in US is an independent member firm of Mazars Group, an international audit, tax and advisory organization with operations in over 90 countries. With roots going back to 1921 in the US, the firm has significant national presence in strategic geographies, providing seamless access to 26,000+ professionals around the world. Our industry specialists deliver tailored services to a wide range of clients across sectors, including individuals, high-growth emerging companies, privately-owned businesses and large enterprises.
Mazars works as a single, integrated team, committed to helping our clients and people succeed by respecting who they are and how they work, adapting our approach accordingly. We take pride in what we do and are committed to playing our part in building the economic foundations of a fair and prosperous world.
Our Tax practice is seeking an experienced Tax Senior professional to join our Real Estate Tax team in our New York office. In this... position we offer you an opportunity to be an integral part of a dynamic team in a leading global firm and forward thinking environment. You will provide the highest levels of client service excellence while collaborating with other tax professionals and valued clients in the real estate and private equity market space.
The preferred location for this position is our New York office. However, this position can take place in any of our U.S. office locations.
Our firm offers remote working.
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations and S-corporations for a variety of clients in the real estate, private equity and emerging business industries
- Lead the execution of assigned client engagements including budget, review of tax returns completed by other tax staff, calculations of estimated payments and tax extension filings
- Supervise and review the work of other tax staff on large and complex tax engagements
- Keep firm tax managers and partners informed on the progress of the engagement as well as any important issues discovered that need resolution
- Research tax issues and findings that may impact clients' federal, state and local tax planning projects
- Conduct online tax research using tools such CCH Intelliconnect and tax preparation using CCH Axcess and other applicable tax software programs
- Communicate on behalf of clients with the IRS, state and local authorities and represent clients at any potential tax audits
- Advise clients on critical issues that impact their financial portfolio and provide solutions and quality tax service to the clients’ satisfaction
- Develop and sustain good working relationships with clients
- Participate in client proposal opportunities when required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or a business-related field of study
- An advanced tax degree (MST, JD, LLM) is preferred
- CPA or parts of the exam
- 3-5 years of relevant tax experience working in a CPA firm, a professional services practice or a tax consulting practice
- Relevant work experience with real estate, private equity or emerging businesses
- Demonstrated success in completing client engagements with satisfaction and within budget
- Proficiency with use of Microsoft Office tools
- Working knowledge of CCH Axcess and other tax preparation and research software programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work extra hours when needed and travel to client locations when required
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan
- A comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, a generous paid days’ off (PDO) plan, and a competitive 401k Plan
- A dynamic, diverse work experience in a growing global organization
- An inclusive, client-centered environment where you can develop new skills, enhance your overall business knowledge and work with world-class professionals
- Intensive customized training, including in-house leadership development programs, continuing professional education courses, and both classroom and on-the-job training
- Opportunity for International Mobility experiences are also made available