About Darwin Homes
At Darwin Homes, we fundamentally believe that the rental experience is broken. Too often, property management—serving as the middleman between investors and residents—often means shoddy service, hidden fees, and inefficient processes that shortchange everybody involved.
Darwin was built to make residents’ and owners’ lives easier through an innovative ecosystem of technologies. We have created the best product in the market for residents to discover, tour, and lease their future home; and for owners to have complete peace of mind from our modern management and leasing services built around our core values of transparency and professionalism.
Darwin Homes is the destination for single-family rental services for property owners and residents.
The Darwin Homes team is composed of a diverse set of alumni from DoorDash, Square, Facebook, Apple, LinkedIn, and other top technology companies. The founders and executive team have over 30+ years of combined... experience in scaling disruptive technology and operations-focused businesses. Darwin Homes is backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital partners like Khosla Ventures, Canvas Ventures, Tony Xu, and Ryan Graves.
As an 'Area Manager' on our team, you will ensure that our properties are in excellent condition, both inside and out. You will expand your responsibilities as you grow.
What You'll Do
- Provide excellent customer-facing service to our customers.
- Perform inspections of properties and individual units, identifying issues and recommending action plans to get unit rent ready again.
- Provide appropriate value-add decisions for each property and to ensure each property meets minimum habitability standards.
- Perform lightweight maintenance in individual units, common areas and amenity areas of the properties, including preventative maintenance and some upkeep.
- Assist and coordinate with specialists (HVAC, plumbing, electricity, etc.) in diagnosing and repairing the problem.
- Assist in developing and implementing preventive maintenance programs based on regional needs
- Complete task requests in a timely manner and as efficiently as directed.
- Prepare vacant units for new move-ins.
- Post legal notices to doors and handle basic customer service for residents at properties
- Ensure proper removal and disposal of trash as needed.
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested.
- Abide by all local, state and federal laws, including all laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and additional regulations concerning real estate or leased assets.
What You Have
- High school diploma (or GED), or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of experience in residential property maintenance, construction, or related trade is required
- Valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation (ideally a van or pickup truck)
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail - “always be inspecting” mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and efficiently manage one’s schedule
- Tech savvy with ability to learn and use systems for tracking, scheduling and communications
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals
- Can work effectively independently, and as a member of various teams and committees
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends, if needed