Senior Graphic Designer
Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking Senior Graphic Designers to continue elevating our design capabilities across multiple visual mediums and help drive growth through elegant, effective direct-to-consumer advertising, brand marketing, website design... and much more. The right candidates will be proactive & internally motivated, team-oriented and open-minded, and passionate about creating thoughtful, compelling designs for various formats. The Senior Graphic Designers will be joining a team of other design professionals and will be encouraged to generate & collaboratively implement ideas for evolving our overall design framework and ensuring brand consistency across numerous projects as we grow.
The Senior Graphic Designers will initially report to the Director, Brand & Communications, partner closely with members of our Marketing and Partnerships teams, and collaborate with other designers and colleagues across the organization. These roles can be based in Washington, D.C. or New York, though remote work may be an option for the right candidate. If you are looking for a breadth of experiences and exposure while playing an important role in expanding renewable energy access to millions of households across the country, we encourage you to apply! In your submission, please include links to your portfolio and/or website in order to be considered.
What you'll do:
• Conceptualize and design digital advertisements, marketing partner collateral, emails, videos, gifs, web banners, mailers, website landing pages, and more
• Collaborate with leaders across the Product department to ensure brand consistency throughout all design touch points within a member's journey
• Iterate on designs based on experiments and user behavior
• Provide expert design guidance; stay up-to-date on advertising, branding, and design trends; and offer new ideas for us to improve as an organization
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time, communicating expectations and deadlines
• Contribute to a positive, collaborative work environment and use resources effectively to minimize turnaround time without compromising quality
What will help you succeed:
• 7+ years design experience working for B2C brands, with at least some in-house experience required
• Experience designing for both performance advertising and brand marketing campaigns
• Proven experience using a design approach based on deep research
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) as well as Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint on a Mac platform
• Ability to create design mock-ups for common user interface elements such as web forms, video players, and user comment areas
• Experience leading the creation of compelling, on-brand ideas and designs to convey simplicity around complex industries & products
• Experience designing web pages to follow a standard grid system
• Experience with and affinity for agile, fast-paced work environments
• Excellent organization, focus, and detail- and deadline-orientation
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Familiarity with digital imaging using Sketch
• Understanding of CSS and responsive HTML design constraints, with ability to create designs that accommodate those challenges
• Knowledge of best practices and design guidelines for HTML email design
• Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
• Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
• Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
• Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
• Professional development opportunities
• All-company lunches
• Free clean energy
• A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States