Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
Lucid seeks an experienced, SaaS product-savvy Senior Product Designer to join our Product Design team. We seek a strong cross-functional candidate with ideas and strategic vision to help shape the functionality, flow, and experiences of our suite of products. This person will be an advocate for usability and interface design, and will be responsible for the delivery and output of high quality, timely design deliverables ... including wireframes, prototypes, presentations, research, and other UX-centric work. This person will mentor and collaborate with the junior members of the design team.
- Delve into the technical complexity of our suite of products and becoming an expert on the features, flow, and functionality of those products.
- Work with the existing members of the design team to identify gaps in the process, and embed yourself within the team’s workflow to make the most impact.
- Develop sketches, illustrations, mock-ups, prototypes and visual interfaces that we will use to improve our suite of products at Lucid.
- Participate in and leading visioning and conceptual exercises; doing work to establish user voice and needs with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Translate complex systems into tangible, simple, UI concepts. Demonstrate these concepts through strong storytelling and rapid prototyping.
- Contribute, via UX deliverable, to the overall product experience, strategy, and long term vision. Eventually: leading that UX vision.
- Participate in and lead client-facing feedback sessions and testing visual implementations in the Lucid products.
- Showcase an expert-level understanding of various UX and collaborative tools, for example Sketch, Invision, Figma, Dovetail, Jira, and/or others.
- Contribute to the team discussions around building and evolving tools, processes, best practices and templates / frameworks to continuously improve the human centered design methods and approaches at Lucid.
- Share trends, strategic perspectives, concepts with the UX and Design team and key work partners to further develop consumer-centered strategies that align with Lucid’s vision, goals, vehicles, services and markets.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a UX design role, preferably on a product team working on complex, technical SaaS products with a B2B focus
- Excellent visual communication skills, including UX design deliverables, presentations, storyboards, whiteboard, and conceptual diagramming and sketching.
- Excellent verbal communication skills: the ability to “sell” your work and align stakeholders to an experiential vision.
- Considerable knowledge and expertise of either the Adobe Suite, Sketch, Figma, or some kind of multi-purpose design application.
- A technical understanding of frontend development, implementation, and best practices.
- Strong collaboration skills and previous evidence of working with developers, product managers, and designers.
- Experience participating in user research and data-driven decision making, and interest in bringing visual solutions for UX problems to the forefront for prioritization.
- Strong self-direction and sense of responsibility; exhibiting a high-level of professionalism and attention to detail.
- An intrinsic desire to advocate for the users of complex platforms and products. Questions like “Who does this benefit?” or “How can we improve the product to help the most people?” or “Is this a one-off feature?” should always be top of mind.
Lucid focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Analytics, Developer APIs, and Market Research. Their company has offices in New York, New Orleans, Singapore, London, and Hamburg. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Lucid has raised $64.574M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2017.
You can view their website at https://luc.id/ or find them on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn