Our mission is to build financial management technologies that enable the world’s most important companies to grow more quickly in a sustainable way that’s good for people, the planet, and business.
When companies have strong cash flow performance they can shift from short-term acrobatics to long-term growth and innovation. These are the teams that change the world by being freed to optimize for all of their stakeholders, including their employees, business partners, and environment.
Cash flow is the toughest financial statement to understand but it’s fundamental to funding your own growth. We build the most intuitive and actionable tools for companies to optimize cash flow performance. Our platform analyzes billions of dollars of B2B transactions each year, users spend 70% of their workday in Tesorio, and we save finance teams thousands of hours. As a result, they can invest more confidently and anticipate their capital needs further in advance.
We’re growing... quickly and working with the world’s best companies and the largest bank in the US. We raised a $10MM Series A led by Madrona Venture Group and are backed by top investors including First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and Floodgate. We’re also backed by tenured finance execs, including the former CFOs of Oracle and NetSuite.
We’re now looking to hire an experienced Senior Data Scientist to join our growing team to help us maintain and improve all of our current data science assets. The Senior Data Scientist will be on the forefront of our data science initiatives and using their expertise to take our data science initiatives to the next level.
We are a fully distributed startup in all of North & South America. We don’t believe that people need to sacrifice being close to their families and where they’d prefer to live in order to do their best work
- The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for maintaining and improving the models we have built for one of our largest clients. The candidate will be responsible here for the forecasting tool we built out & will require knowledge of time series or the ability to quickly learn time-series concepts.
- The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for maintaining and improving the models we have built for our core product. The candidate will be responsible here for all of the different models we have built both from a machine learning and statistical perspective.
- The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for documenting all of their work. Documentation is one of the most important aspects of data science. We use documentation to explain and provide clarity into all of our processes.
- The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for using their expertise to innovate and provide value and insights for the data sources we have
- You care deeply about data science and machine learning and concepts in this field motivate you to do your best everyday
- You have previously worked at a startup or very fast paced environment and have helped determine the best practices for the data science team
- You have strong opinions but are always open to new thoughts and ideas
- You are always learning and honing your craft
- You consider work to be incomplete without fully executable and well organized documentation
- You do a lot of great work but also know how to relax and have fun
- Self-starter with passion for growth, real enthusiasm for continuous learning and sharing findings across the team
The Ideal Candidate
- 4 - 6 years of experience working in a data science role
- M.S. in computer science, applied mathematics, mathematics, physics, machine learning or equivalent experience preferred
- A solid understanding of forecasting with time series / machine learning / deep learning techniques
- A solid understanding of Python (this candidate will need to be able to build code from scratch as well as be able to work through and understand an existing codebase)
- Experience using different machine learning related modules in Python (e.g. sklearn, optuna, XGBoost, Lightgbm, etc.)
- Experience with pandas & numpy
- Experience with source control, git or equivalent
- Strong modeling skills - candidate must have very strong modeling skills in machine learning and / or deep learning
- Strong communication skills - candidate must be able to convey their results and findings to very diverse audiences
- A solid understanding of SQL and different technologies (e.g. snowflake, oracle, redshift) & the willingness to keep learning in this area
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Metabase)
- This candidate needs to also be flexible with their local working environment or willing to learn - the data scientist may have to perform their tasks in windows / linux / mac etc.
Nice to Have
- Experience with docker
- Experience with Kaggle & or equivalent platforms (multiple solo silvers & team / solo gold medals in competitions would be preferred / notebook & discussion tiers as well)
- Papers / conferences - we want to get to know you as a candidate & any work you have to display your impact in the field is an added bonus
- Blogs in the field (Medium, Towards Data Science, Kaggle (discussions), etc.)
- Knowledge of MLOps
- Experience with feature stores, model registries & model monitoring tools (e.g. Feast, MLFlow, Neptune.ai)Note: we currently cannot sponsor visas