Commonwealth strengthens the financial opportunity and security of financially vulnerable people by discovering ideas, piloting solutions, and driving innovations to scale. For nearly two decades, Commonwealth has designed effective innovations, products, and policies enabling over a million people to accumulate more than $3 billion in savings.
Commonwealth understands broad changes requires market players to act. That’s why we collaborate with consumers, the financial services industry, employers, policymakers and mission-driven organizations. The solutions we build are grounded in real life, based on our deep understanding of people who are financially vulnerable and how businesses can best serve them. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.buildcommonwealth.org
Diversity of background and perspective are strengths that we value. We are committed to creating a diverse, committed, skilled and collaborative environment, and we are proud to be... an equal opportunity employer. Commonwealth recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses.
As an Innovation Coordinator/Strategist, you play a key role in helping Commonwealth build and scale innovative financial solutions for financially vulnerable Americans. You will be part of an organization and team passionate about making positive, scalable impact on the financial lives of people. You will develop content knowledge and project management skills as you contribute to multiple initiatives.
- Coordinate projects through task management, organization and disciplined follow up.
- Employ strong interpersonal skills to foster strategic relationships with financial service providers, employers, community groups, vendors and other critical partners.
- Conduct or support original qualitative and quantitative research including desk research, surveys, interviews with subject matter experts.
- Follow industry developments and study relevant consumer, industry and public policy issues to inform the team’s work to scale financial innovations.
- Creatively problem-solve and collaborate with a small, results-oriented team to achieve strategic objectives.
- Write both online and print communication that describes the work, advocates for policy efforts, and promotes dissemination of innovations.
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture through consistent high energy, appetite for learning, eagerness to support colleagues and engaged participation on project teams.
- 1-2 years of experience in the financial empowerment field, the financial services industry or a related field preferred.
- Passion for the mission of Commonwealth and driving social change through promoting economic prosperity for financially vulnerable consumers.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to track and support multiple complex projects with both flexibility and close attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to craft persuasive verbal and written communications for different audiences.
- Introspection, empathy, willingness to be candid.
- Ability to develop solutions to problems creatively as they arise and the judgment to know when to call on colleagues or a supervisor for help.
- Aptitude for analytic reasoning and the use of data to inform decision making.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of people; client services exposure a plus.
- Familiarity with financial technology innovations and low- and middle-income consumers a plus