X-Ray Industries, an Applus+ company, is a well-established non-destructive testing service provider in the Aerospace industry. With over 75 years of experience, X-Ray Industries is the oldest, most-established NDT provider, offering a broad range of testing and inspection capabilities.
Lead the effort to increase revenue with current customers and add profitable new customers in line with the overall growth strategy of the business. Responsible for achieving sales and growth goals, including the development of a regional sales network to actively increase sales and market share.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and win new market opportunities, develop strategy to aggressively pursue new business and execute marketing plans to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
- Lead strategic planning process for growth targeted areas.
- Direct customer interface/communication to meet all Sales, Service and Marketing needs.
- Develop a thorough knowledge... of Nondestructive Test services, industry trends and opportunities.
- Research potential opportunities to bid on active/open Request for Proposal for new and current customers complete and submit RFI/RFQ/RFP for potential customers.
- Generate data, analyze, and recommend strategies and actions to impact business and successfully gain market share.
- Develop understanding of market needs and prepare reports regarding marketing, sales and building services opportunities for our business units.
- Working closely with Operations leadership, launch new business initiatives based on market opportunities for penetrating market.
- Remain current on industry trends and seek creative ways to infiltrate potential new accounts.
- Establish and maintain effective and profitable relationships with customers.
- Consult with President to incorporate marketing strategies into the sales process.
- Interface with President and Managers to monitor performance, align priorities and inform key initiatives and direction.
- Ability to successfully present to a Board level group at the most senior level.
- Join and attend appropriate professional organization, conferences and tradeshows and participate in sales solicitation trips.
- Develop, negotiate and close long-term agreement with new accounts.
- Conduct virtual and live presentations around XRI Testing’s services.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment for all staff ensuring all company policies are being followed.
- Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results in partnership with human resources.
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of nondestructive testing processes is a plus.
- Possesses the ability to build and maintain professional relationships at multiple levels within a customer or prospect that lead to new business opportunities.
- Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Sales Funnel development and management, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level and Meeting Sales Goals are essential.
- Accepts leadership responsibilities and is comfortable leading in ambiguous environments.
- Must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills with a strong working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Strong business management skills in team development, sales and project management, negotiation and finance are also required.
- The ability to develop relationships and sell at all levels of an organization is essential.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum Bachelor Degree with related experience; or ten years related experience and/or; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong background developing and winning new business opportunities.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
The physical environment requires the employee to work inside an office environment, protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Employee will visit site locations where personal protective equipment will be required as well as inclement weather conditions. -The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate but can be loud in specific worksite areas.-May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces. -May be requested to work overtime and weekends occasionall.y -Ability to travel when required, nationally, up to 70% of the time