We’re looking for a Regional Sales Manager with strong technical abilities to join our team. This position is centered around the Eastern US Territory for the SMC – FieldServer Technologies division of MSA Safety. This division designs and markets a broad line of devices that enhance communication between various instruments, systems, machines and other devices that utilize non-compatible data protocols. In this role, the successful candidate will work to identify new market segments, new business opportunities, and learn about our business from the ground up. The identified candidate can reside anywhere in the US. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
- Target potential new businesses, making initial contact with these targeted businesses, and selling our product offerings and services to these businesses.
- Identify new prospects within various markets to get them to design our products in (Design wins).
- Manage... existing OEM customers by OEM referrals, web searches, trade shows, emailing, and cold calling. Grow these accounts and find innovative ways to grow within those applications.
- Maintain 360-degree ownership of target end user accounts.
- Utilize Salesforce for scheduling, pipeline reporting, developing prospective customer profiles and documenting all sales-related activities.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; track individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Partner with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue.
- Develop digital marketing campaign as needed to help communicate through the end user organization and support our overall program.
- Take the original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) from a prospect through to production.
- Convert competitive products to MSA or identify a new need for an MSA solution.
- Develop and maintain key high-level relationships within the SH&E, Engineering and Purchasing departments of target end user accounts.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met. Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating key account initiatives while integrating our agreements
- Report on business status and on end user's needs and ensure satisfaction.
- Be the main liaison with distribution. Maintain high level distribution contacts relative to supporting the end user account.
- Manage accounts for key end users. Be the point guard for communication within MSA for end user accounts on a North American (primarily Eastern / Central half) as needed.
- Retain business by managing existing clients and ensure they are satisfied. Present on solutions and services that meet or predict future needs. Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong business acumen.
- Independent self-starter.
- Solid sense of urgency.
- Technically savvy with IT and engineering concepts.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to understand complex business applications and clearly articulate how our solutions could benefit the prospect’s product offerings.
- Experience in selling to/managing multi location end users based in the U.S.
- Experience in selling comprehensive programs and value-added solutions (beyond just selling the products themselves) to end user contacts.
- Experience communicating and navigating across multiple functional areas within an end user company.
- Thorough understanding of the U.S. industry regulations related to MSA products.
- Proven sales track record.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Solid time management and planning skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business or an engineering related field such as Business Management, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems.
- At least 3 years of sales or business development experience.
- 5 years of sales or business development experience.
- Sales experience in a similar industry