This is a part-time, direct-hire, remote role with our client, a cyber-security services company.
Our client serves companies and organizations in the Mid-Atlantic area through security assessments and analysis.
They run their business and serve their clients based on the following core values:
Reduce our client’s workload whenever possible
Integrity and ethics
Take ownership of our projects / solution
Maintain accountability throughout our engagements
An easy-going attitude
The penetration tester is a network security assessor/consultant who is responsible for attempting to penetrate client systems and applications through exploits and technical expertise in network and wireless protocols.
- Conduct formal tests on external and internal networks, web-based applications, and other types of computer systems on a regular basis
- Security testing of wireless networks, databases, software applications, and/or digital... forensics
- Complete our company assessment reports
- Conduct kick-off and debrief meetings, working on presentations (from templates) and generating effective reports (also from templates) the client can use for remediation
- Follow company’s standard methodology for penetration testing
- Customize tests to achieve better results in their penetration testing
- Must be responsive to Compliance team and clients
- May be expected to work on physical security assessments, such as network facilities, entry-point locations, video surveillance, and authentication access points
- May support Auditors from a technical consultant standpoint from time to time
- Fully Remote
- Flexible Schedule
- Currently Part-Time, May Move To Full-Time In The Future
- Start-Up Organization
- Must have experience with hands-on network testing of protocols, network, and application security in a live production environment (i.e., experience that is limited to a test lab, home lab, or commercial tool-based penetration testing approach is not sufficient)
- Must have previous penetration testing experience
- Experience with hacker language (such as PERL or Python)
- Experience with security controls in Wi-Fi, TLS/SSL, SQL, WAF, IDS, FW, VPN etc.
- Experience with malware reverse engineering
- Must be able to create and/or customize exploit scripts
- Web application testing with open-source and commercial tools such as WebInspect, AppScan, OSINT recon, Burpsuite, Metasploit.
- Previous Penetration Testing experience
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer Service
- Excellent customer interfacing skills
- Past experience in a growing small business a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience Desired Certifications:
- Open Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- Stipend for internet and phone
- 10 Days PTO, Flexible Sick Days
Titan is an equal opportunity employer. We follow all EEOC and ADA regulations at all times. We fully embrace diversity, and encourage our clients to do the same