Job Description Summary
The Product Management Director is a key member of LM Commercial Operations & Services Staff. This role is responsible for business evaluation and coordination with several stakeholders into LM, GE OnW, GE Digital Services and LM External Customers for New Technologies to be developed by LM in collaboration with LM Customers and LM Engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive positive product margin trends that includes focus on a combination of cost and price levers. Engage and lead cross¬functional teams to achieve product margins including but not limited to influencing price models/cost baseline, setting the right goals, generating ideas, and driving results. Optimize and leverage available tools to deliver results and advise product management investment strategies.
- Developing commercial expertise across one or more countries, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customer groups. Influences policy and ensures delivery across... large and/or diverse sales territories.
- Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Utilizes understanding of industry trends to inform decision making process.
- Leads others to find creative solutions to address complex projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customers. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- Coordinate and lead TBIs (Technical Business Impact) forum where business cases are presented to LM Management Team for mandate in terms of new technologies and pricing into NPIs.
- Ensure that products are differentiated in the market place on performance and cost.
- Lead the cross-functional team to assess, set, and deliver key product metrics such as price, cost, performance, share, etc.
- Develop the product cost strategy in close partnership with engineering, sourcing, operations, and related stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering, business, or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant engineering, product management, or commercial experience
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- Deep expertise in Wind industry
- Strong product management and/or commercial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers to deliver successful outcomes for the Company and customer
- Proven experience developing and launching new products
- Strategic thinker – able to navigate complexity, develop clear actions, and drive impact
- Excellent leader, effective coach, and trusted mentor
- Excellent communicator – able to communicate in clear, concise manner with customers, cross-functional teams and senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, drive change, and align cross-functional teams to success
- Strong business acumen
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related area from an accredited college or university
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No