Sr Product Designer (UI/UX)
Position is remote until further notice and will then be onsite.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ or Denver, CO
Salary, full time position and multi-year project.
NO CORP-TO-CORP OR SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Top 3 technical Skills:
- Figma (or Sketch)
- Create designs for new SaaS product
- Creation of Wireframes from Designs
Top 3 Soft Skills:
- Lead design team
- Oversee and direct the use of the Design system
- Ability to work in "start-up" type organization (i.e. not everything is defined, moving parts)
- Ability to work in a group but take full responsibility for delivery.
- Overseeing design system usage. Ability to work within an existing design system and provide oversight as new components and assets are created.
- As one of the foundational members of the design team, you'll be mentoring others as the team grows and guiding cross-functional peers to grow as a design partner
- Partnering with Product, Engineering to... support a broader product strategy.
- Leading other members of a Product Design team. Organizing and overseeing the progress of design as it relates to objectives and initiatives
- Rapidly create deliverables (journey map, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.) and execute high fidelity design.
- Work closely with product marketing. Work with marketing to uphold marketing branding standards.
- Encourage and uphold high standards for our product experiences. Provide and solicit feedback from other designers to continuously improve product quality and consistency.
- Understand and respond to data (metric tests, usability studies) to inform design decisions and recommendations
- Design for multiple variations of an asset when necessary for delivery. Be able to fully explain creative choices made to arrive at submitted work, both verbally and in written form
- Stay informed on the latest UI/UX techniques, tools, and patterns and integrate best practices into design projects
- Participate and drive usability studies, utilizing tools such as UserTesting.Com and Pendo.
- Share findings with our team and explain how that will affect your design decisions
- Deliver projects on time, and are able to prioritize high impact design input.
- Bachelor's in Design or related or equivalent practical experience within the design field
- 6+ years of experience in product design, ideally across multiple product platforms
- 6+ years of interaction design experience
- Experience working with and maintaining design systems
- Experience analyzing user feedback in both qualitative quantitative formats: user research, a/b tests and other data driven methodologies
- Believes in simplicity as a key product design principle. If you can show how you simplified a complex feature or product even better.
- Ability to deliver designs quickly, reacting to tactical high impacting changes and switch quickly to being more strategic, project design planning.
- Strong portfolio, showcasing your foundation in information architecture, ideation, interaction design, visual design, designing for accessibility, and producing high-impact business results
- Meticulous attention to detail in the design and execution of consistent, compelling work
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Previous experience designing for a technology company
Bonus Points For:
- Mobile design experience
- UX experience, certifications, or advanced degree
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Understanding of an A/B testing process and adjusting design based on results
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other digital delivery platforms
- Figma and/or Adobe XD (required)
- UserTesting.Com (not required)
- Miro (not required)
- Pendo (not Required)
- Microsoft/Google products (required)
SES hires W2 benefitted and non-benefitted consultants. Our contract employee benefits include group medical dental vision life LT and ST disability insurance, 21 days of accrued paid time off, 401k, tuition reimbursement, performance bonuses, paid overtime, and more. Due to corporate regulations, we cannot work with outside companies on this opening; only direct, individual candidates representing themselves to SES, please.
About SES Systems Engineering Services Corporation:
SESC was founded in 1989, is a leading provider of technology solutions to Fortune 1000 companies and government organizations. Specializing in Accelerated Development (agile application development, mobile, systems integration, project and program management), Architecture (SOA, microservices, cloud), Data (analytics, DW, BI, big data), Testing (test architecture, manual, automation, data), Cyber Security (SSO, mobile, IAM) and DevOps (roadmap creation, assessments, CICD, tool evaluation, implementation), Employer is guided by a corporate mission to provide valuable solutions to our client s technology needs through responsive quality services.
Please contact me to discuss the details of this position further.
- Please forward resume directly to for immediate consideration - rstarinieri @ sesc .com
I look forward to speaking with you soon!
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Systems Engineering Services