WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for product managers! With millions of users on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that completely transform the way that people work. We are a big... enough company to have the ability to deliver market-shifting features in our platform. And just small enough that you can see a significant and meaningful impact from your efforts. At Box, we manage the critical documents and data for some of largest and most recognized brands in the world. The Box Core Data Platform team owns the foundational building blocks that power our most differentiating product and security features:
- A secure data lake in the cloud that provides query capabilities to deliver deep insights on content, user, product and infrastructure activity.
- A highly-scalable messaging platform that enables complex service orchestration as well as providing customers with timely, relevant content and event notifications
- A rich set of APIs, reporting, and analytic capabilities that provide insight to our customers to ensure security, compliance and understand the usage of content
As a product leader for the Box Core Data Platform, you will shape the vision and evolution of the data-driven foundation that sits at the center of the world's leading cloud content management system. You'll be responsible for everything from understanding the performance needs of our customers, exposing new technical capabilities that enable mind-blowing features, and ensuring that everything is delivered in production with the resiliency and integrity that our enterprise customers depend on.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define product strategy, road map, and requirements that create customer value and product differentiation.
- Have complete ownership of the product, platform & its lifecycle -- from ideation to product release.
- Identify technology trends that let us 10x our user experience while delivering profitably at massive scale
- Partner closely with the architecture team to align the technical and product roadmaps for maximum impact
- Work with stakeholders to scope and prioritize platform capabilities that power our product experience.
- Drive the usability, APIs, and capabilities of our data platform to delight our engineers and enable rapid product innovation
- Contribute with innovative ideas with optimal solutions and push/challenge our engineering teams.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a technical background -- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. MBA is a plus.
- You've got some years (5+) under your belt where you've worked to build and launch products for enterprise customers.
- You know how to build a strategic roadmap that maps use cases to data, analytics, modeling (ML), and prediction that drive customer value
- You have experience with cloud-based data processing and analytics tooling (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc.)
- You have experience with large scale, highly available, distributed infrastructure related to big data.
- You have deep understanding of data processing use cases: ETL, ingestion, deduplication, batch processing, stream processing, and visualization
- You have an innate curiosity and ability to dive deep into product and technical architecture.
- You know how to leverage data and metrics effectively to inform decisions, set requirements, and evaluate success.
- You love leading with compassion, inspiring teams, and managing complexity to deliver extraordinary results.
- Technology knowledge that is a big plus: hadoop, spark, hbase, hive, SQL, kafka, graph databases, nosql databases
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice