100% remote job
Senior Media Buyer | Rain the Growth Agency | Worldwide |
At a glance:
This is a mid-level role on our Media Buying team. Many brand-savvy clients are looking to our agency for results-oriented strategies for video, digital, audio, print, and emerging media. As a TV Media Buyer, your input has a direct impact on our clients’ success.
What does a Senior Media Buyer do at Rain the Growth Agency?
- Negotiate the best price, quality, and placement of advertisements in the television space on behalf of all active clients
- Manage media bookings by securing media and ensuring quality control over active campaigns
- Resolve media or billing discrepancies as they arise
- Collaborate with media coordinators and/or media assistants for administrative support
- Facilitate delivery of creative assets to designated media partners for active campaigns
- Potential to contribute to media buying across the digital video space as needed
- Maintain excellent... relationships with ad sales staff at designated media partners
- Keep up to date with fluctuations in media consumption and developments in the industry, to ensure agency and client knowledge of the marketplace remains current
- Forge relationships with emerging vendors and shows
- Attend industry functions as necessary
- Manage media campaigns for assigned clients
- Work closely with client account/media team to formulate media plan and execution
- Build media schedules
- Manage in week clearance and maintenance for the campaign, provide ongoing budget updates to the buyers and client teams
- Supply guidance based on analysis of media buys (stations to buy, cancel, etc.)
- Discuss media, new offers, upcoming tests, etc. with account team
- Make recommendations for test proposals and potential media for existing accounts
- Client facing on weekly status calls as subject matter expert
- Work closely with media buying team on weekly optimizations and media tests
- Communicate with each buyer on an individual basis regarding buying-related issues: asking questions of, making suggestions to and getting feedback from each buyer regarding his or her markets, stations or networks, including fire sales, rate reductions, etc.
- Help train new personnel
- Work closely with all agency teams to ensure goals are being met and exceeded
- Assist in pitching new opportunities to current or prospective clients
- Exemplify the principles of agility and model the values of the agency
What makes a great Senior Media Buyer at our agency?
- 5-8 years in a media buying role specific to the national television environment. Experience buying digital video (OTT) is a plus
- 2-3 years of media campaign management
- Negotiation skills
- Effective organizational capabilities
- Ability to quickly assimilate large amounts of information
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to recognize and capitalize on future marketplace trends
- Skilled at making sound decisions under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn various systems and databases
- Appreciation of Rain the Growth Agency’s Core Values
Why work at Rain the Growth Agency?
- We are a national leader in DTC marketing.
- We do a thing we call Transactional Brand Building. That is, we deliver on our clients’ brand and sales objectives at the same time, with the same work and the same media plan. We measure our clients’ sales results daily – per transaction, so you and your clients can see the tangible results of your work. It’s an exhilarating standard to live up to.
- There are about 240 of us, so we’re big enough to handle major projects, but small enough that we all know each other.
- We are collaborative. We care about, appreciate, and respect each other. No throwing under buses.
- Transparency. We all know how the company is doing and where we’re going, collectively and individually.
- We have a large and diverse roster of clients, and we get our revenue from a variety of sources, so we’re built for stability.
- You’ll get to work on a variety of accounts, with different team members, so you’ll never be bored
- We are privately held, so we answer only to our clients and to each other.
Tagged as: remote, remote job, virtual, Virtual Job, virtual position, Work at Home, work from home