Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Data Quality Analyst Senior for San Antonio Home Office II/III or Remote Work Location Available.
Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards. This role may be responsible for one or more information management function noted below:
Metadata includes defining and documenting data ensuring the information is understood. This may include working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or continue maintenance of the metadata.
Data Quality includes defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality.
Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing corporate risk.
Data Security and... Privacy includes managing the security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This may include working with other departments to ensure compliance to GBLA, FCRA, PCI DSS, etc.
Master Data and Reference Data includes managing key corporate data to ensure the organization can manage its operations with accurate and consistent information.
As part of 1st line of defense, responsibilities include:
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages advance data management knowledge in support of one or many of the information management practices. This person may be acting in a steward capacity or considered a support role with expertise for the information steward as needed.
Tasks include any of the items noted below:
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Lead discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Align best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Responsible for the update of Information Asset Inventories and validation to ensure data and assets are classified appropriately.
- Champion and support delivery of information in accordance with Information Governance standards and data management practices.
- Integrate Information Management practices into existing processes including ability to incorporate data management practices into new and emerging information technologies.
- Review and validate metadata repository and metadata association. Improve metadata to add additional value to the organization.
- Support Data Lineage collection and stitching to ensure complete end to end data flow of critical data.
- Review, validate, and record data quality information including data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks including data quality plan development, implementing data quality rule checks, monitoring data quality results, reports and dashboards, as appropriate.
- Identify and maintain data quality corrective action plans.
- Support compliance assessment process by reviewing and documenting failures from data quality compliance assessment checks.
- Analysis of Root Causes to identify existing or merging risks. Identify opportunities to strengthen controls and reduce residual data quality risks.
- Recommend Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
- Create and maintain reference data in accordance to defined processes and procedures.
Manage quality and maintenance of master data as it is created.
- Develop archiving and purging strategies and processes in steward capacity as needed.
- Partner with IT and Legal to ensure archiving and purging activities of data is in compliance with legal requirements.
- Support compliance assessment process by identifying and escalating items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Partner with IT and other Information Management resources to define and implement Access Management strategies in alignment with Information Governance policies in a Steward capacity.
- Lead Privacy initiatives through classification and analysis of sensitive data.
- Ensure compliance and remediation of sensitive data in accordance to defined policies and processes as a steward.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science discipline or 4 additional years of relevant data and analytics or technical experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 6 years of experience in an information management practice, business application function, or data delivery; OR if Advanced degree in a Business or Science discipline, 4 years of experience in data and analytics, technical, or business relevant function.
- Proven experience applying data management practices and tools to address data management risks and concerns during data lifecycle.
- Intermediate SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Proven ability to build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor through executive levels.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead efforts of analysis and resolution of problems or issues; identifies when and how to escalate problems to the appropriate level.
- Experience in synthesizing key information / data and research in order to recommend information management initiatives that meet business goals.
- Demonstrated expert communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management including concise presentation of complex technical details.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience with implementing data quality controls for exchanging data in a highly regulated/governed environment.
- Experience in implementing data quality controls for highly sensitive data.
- Experienced and comfortable defining technical scope and translating into actionable and tangible outcomes in creating reporting or evidence artifacts for OCC
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, SAS, Database technologies (SnowFlake, Oracle, DB2, Netezza etc.), Java, Python, IGC Metadex technologies.
- Experience in defining and designing data quality frameworks (instrumentation, measurement).
- Ability to work independently for assessing Data Flows and detect Data Quality controls (implemented/needed).
- 5+ years of experience delivering and leading Data quality projects within a professional services organization.
- Experience and versed with technical and business data lineage maps, working with IT Technical engineers
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica/DataStage) and associated Metadata tools.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/14/20 by 11:59 pm CST time