Cambium Learning® Group is an award-winning educational technology solutions leader dedicated to helping all students reach their potential through individualized and differentiated instruction. Using a research-based, personalized approach, Cambium Learning Group delivers SaaS resources and instructional products that engage students and support teachers in fun, positive, safe and scalable environments. These solutions are provided through Learning A-Z® (online differentiated instruction for elementary school reading, writing and science), ExploreLearning® (online interactive math and science simulations, a math fact fluency solution, and a K–2 science solution), Voyager Sopris Learning® (blended solutions that accelerate struggling learners to achieve in literacy and math and professional development for teachers), and VKidz Learning (online comprehensive homeschool education and programs for literacy and science). We believe that every student has unlimited potential, that teachers... matter, and that data, instruction, and practice are the keys to success in the classroom and beyond.
The Learning A-Z Content Development team is seeking a talented Professional Development Content Developer to join the team. You will have the opportunity to design professional development content assets (including videos, tutorials, and text-based guides) that will be embedded within Learning A-Z’s suite of digital products and oversee the development of the products.
- Remain informed about latest research around adult learning methodologies and digital learning technologies as well as about latest student and teacher educational standards (domestic and international).
- Collaborate with Product Management, Professional Learning Services, Marketing, and Content Development to determine needed professional development content assets to add to the product roadmap based on market assessment.
- Conceptualize and design Professional Development online courses and digital content assets, ensuring research-based adult learning methodologies and best practices in digital learning design are incorporated, in collaboration with Product Management, Professional Learning Services, Content Development (Instructional Design, Editorial, and Creative Services), Engineering, and others.
- Work closely with Impact Analyst at all stages of product build to determine and apply metrics that will provide ongoing analytics on use and implementation of digital professional development content.
- Work with Professional Learning Services to analyze implementation and impact of product-embedded professional development to inform the design and delivery of customer-specific professional learning solutions.
- Lead team of developers to create digital learning content assets, such as scripts, audio, video, interactivities, and more; developer team may consist of vendors, contractors, and internal Editors, Instructional Designers, and Creative Services team members along with Engineering teams.
- Oversee the design and build of the Professional Development content assets, working in collaboration with Project Management, Product Development teams, Product Management, and key stakeholders to ensure product meets market needs.
- Work with Editorial Services and others to create and maintain Professional Development content style guides.
- Collaborate with others to ensure that feedback from customers, advisory boards, and results of formative evaluation (user testing) are incorporated in the development and enhancement of content.
- Provide requirements for Professional Development content assets to Engineering and collaborates with Engineering throughout deployment of products, including conducting or supervising reviews (“QA”) upon release of products.
- Create, organize, and maintain a “library” of Professional Development content assets to index all assets based on standards, skills, and other relevant categories and lead efforts to update these content assets as needed.
Education and Experience
A graduate degree in education, learning sciences, writing, or related field from an accredited college or university is required. At least 3 years experience developing digital adult learning content is required. Experience teaching in the K-12 arena is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including identifying implicit assumptions, evaluating arguments, and drawing sound conclusions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively, and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Skillful with technology and adept at learning new technologies