Job Title : SAS / Mirth Developer
Location : Cary, NC / Remote
Duration : 12 Months
Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, or related field
- 3 or more years project managing the development and maintenance of healthcare interfaces that utilize interoperability standards (e.g. HL7/FHIR, CDA, IHE, X12)
- Experience with the Intersystems technology stack, i.e. Cach , Healthshare, Ensemble in a Healthcare environment or similar/competitive product
- Experience with 2 or more HL7 integration engines including Intersystems Ensemble, Nextgen/Mirth and others (e.g., Rhapsody, Cloverleaf)
- Experience gathering technical requirements and presenting technical information to broad teams, leadership, and non-technical audiences which may include healthcare executives and care providers
- Technical writing skills and experience creating technical specification documents for distribution externally
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Laser... focused ability to problem solve as well as resolve issues in a timely or iterative way to ensure customer/participant impact is at an absolute minimum.
- Willingness and eagerness to grow into new areas of healthcare services and support as needed (e.g. population health, healthcare analytics, receipts based HIE business model, broadened exchange capabilities, new technologies to improve current offerings, etc.)
- Ability to travel as business needs require
- Knowledge of current issues and trends within healthcare interoperability, specifically in the context of Health Information Exchange
- Ability to communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds
- Ability to engage with customers to identify business problems and requirements
- Exposure to SAS products
- Ability to relate current industry issues and trends to SAS offerings
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Easy to work with, prefer a team environment (sometimes matrixed).
- Execute on and own certain functions directly, while also recognizing the importance of serving as a subject matter expert in a supportive role.
Experience using and deploying SAS or similar products in a healthcare setting
- Experience developing and maintaining healthcare interfaces using Intersystems HealthShare products
- Experience with Mirth and Ensemble
- Work location in Cary, NC preferred but not required
- Collaborate with others on a matrixed team to support, remediate, consult and execute on standard operations as well as special projects within the SAS US Public Sector Healthcare Production Support Team.
- Serve as a technical project manager for all projects related to developing, scaling, maintaining and managing the production Intersystems Healthshare (3rd party) platform and related integrations.
- Provide hands-on technical project management expertise for large-scale customer problem resolution and implementations that utilize healthcare interoperability standards (e.g. HL7/FHIR, CDA, IHE, X12).
- Serve as the primary Production Support technical contact for the SAS US Professional Services Project and Delivery Team as well as hired sub-contractors and vendor partners.
- Work with the development team to deliver level of effort estimates, communicate assumptions and risks associated with implementing new/upgraded technical solutions and classify the severity of reported issues/defects that relate to healthcare interoperability.
- Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of SAS and third-party offerings.
- Engage customer or participant at executive and other levels to nurture and enhance relationships as needed.
- Advise on technical design and delivery best practices for healthcare interfaces.
- Coordinate the creation and completion of technical design and specification documents for internal and external audiences.
- Document all work in the appropriate SAS ticketing system, compile status reports and ensure that account action items are completed and/or escalated to the appropriate level of management.
- Document how the platform and integrations are being used and periodically recommend changes or enhancements.
- Stay current on industry activities related to interoperability standards and the tools/software/features used to support these standards.
- Provide rotational Level-2 on-call support as needed