Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Supervision and Controls Lead - Retail Banking Payments to work Remote. This position supports the supervision of front-line business units that are responsible for implementing and adhering to sales and service standard policies and procedures and operating within compliance and risk tolerances. Identifies and manages risk-related matters in their assigned organization pertaining to compliance and operational risks. Executes risk management tasks, projects, and activities which includes administering and creating strong remediation plans and timely mitigation of risk. Collaborates with Business Control Management (BCM) and 2nd line of defense team members to support and ensure effective risks mitigation.Job Requirements
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative... thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
• Incorporates established risk standards and parameters into business unit operating policies and procedures.
• Guides the management and oversight support of the compliance and audit requests from the 2nd and 3rd line of defense, to include exam material collection of requests.
• Communicates issues, deficiencies, and corrective actions throughout the business unit.
• Provides a narrative summary to independent risk management, internal audit, executive management, and board and management committees which addresses key and emerging risks, business performance against limits and key risk indicators, exceptions, self-identified deficiencies, testing results, consumer complaints, operational losses, training completion, and the remediation of deficiencies.
• Makes recommendations to the Business Control Management/Governance organization regarding the enterprise risk control governance framework and the standards and parameters established to govern risk-taking activities.
• Develops and executes actions plans in the event of a risk trigger or appetite breach.
• Leads escalation processes established by independent risk management to resolve issues involving disagreements among the lines of defense and actively participates in the discussion regarding matters where corrective actions have not been adequate or timely.
• Assists with managing the expectations and accountability for the team of supervision professionals in consultation with the Business Controls Management and independent risk management.
• Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• 8 years of experience in a risk management, compliance, regulatory, or audit function within the banking or insurance industry.
• 6 or more years of first line of defense experience in surveilling/monitoring financial services transactions.
• Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
• 4 or more years of experience in Retail Banking/Payment experience.
• Experience in a large bank and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking regulations and compliance
• Experience in preparing risk reporting for independent risk management, internal audit, executive management, Bank Committees or Board of Directors
• Ability to work with operation Process Owners to identify key metrics and risk indicators and perform continuous monitoring
• Experience with developing comprehensive risk-based internal controls, performing control testing and/or audit techniques
• Experience with the design, development and implementation of systems to collect, aggregate, and report on KRIs and KPIs
• Conceptual and analytical thinker with the ability to understand, analyze and synthesize complex business and technology data and issues with the ability to plan, organize and deliver projects
• Ability to pivot and adapt to rapidly changing environments and drive change with others
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with business and IT organization to build strong working relationships at all levels
• 25% travel to the San Antonio, TX location
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 5/27/20 by 11:59 pm CST time