Cloudbeds is the fastest growing hospitality management suite in the world, providing tools to manage independent properties of any type and size. We make award-winning cloud-based hospitality software that’s trusted by more than 20,000 hotels, hostels, inns, and alternative accommodations in over 157 countries. Our 400+ team members are distributed across over 40 countries and altogether we speak 40+ languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As a Payments Risk & Compliance Manager, you will lead the development and execution of Cloudbeds payments risk policies and processes for the Cloudbeds Payments solution. You will lead the development and implementation of the payments risk management strategy for our hospitality clients. You will also lead the effort in a hands... on manner as well as both monitoring and evaluating risk for new client applications and ongoing risk for hospitality customers and transactions from their consumers.
Location: Remote (US or Ireland preferred)
What You Will Do:
• Develop and implement a Payments Fraud Risk Management strategy / program, aligned with Ops Risk policy and overall Risk Management and Control framework.
• Provide strategic recommendations based on (a) evolving fraud trends in both the merchants and consumer credit card payment space / digital lending space, and market intelligence, and (b) assessment of effectiveness of any application fraud scores.
• Communicate Impacts with both internal and external stakeholders
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert for fraud and authorization processes and systems.
• Participate in card system UAT, BCP testing, and any related system testing / certification.
• Sets up processes for 24/7 transaction monitoring of fraud queues, and performs transaction verification.
• Investigates disputed transactions to identify fraudulent activities, such as but no limited to, account take over, theft, and other risks.
• Sets up processes for verification of risky transactions which may be fraudulent, and cancels them from further processing.
• Sets up processes for customer issue resolution, within the scope of existing SLAs.
• Establish processes for routing Pre and Post-Booking sample anti-fraud checks for various customer segments and products.
• Establish processes for Fraud Incidence reporting to the Senior Management, along with corrective-action-taken reports.
• Standardize and automate various Fraud Risk Management processes / controls, in a manner that is compatible with SaaS environments and the hospitality industry.
• Engage with various external agencies, which may be relevant for the Anti-Fraud function.
• Continually monitor and communicate payment related compliance mandates in relevant markets and countries.
You’ll Succeed With:
• 10-15 years of relevant risk management experience, preferably in a PAYFAC or payments processor, at least 5 years of which should have been in a senior Fraud Risk Management role.
• Ability to create, document, communicate and train others in the risk processes with regular updates to relevant stakeholders.
• Recent Fraud Risk Management experience of 2-5 years, specifically in Merchant management and payments transactional risk.
• Experience in Enterprise Payments Risk Management, and must have familiarity with fraud and authorization processes of card systems.
• Ability to deliver results with minimal supervision, in a start-up environment. We are looking for candidates who will thrive in a fast-paced, less-structured environment.
• Creative problem solver, analytical thinker, and quick learner. Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills; ability to work with considerable ambiguity; ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly. Relentlessly resourceful and scrappy
• Experience in ecommerce, payments or financial services with knowledge of Card Not Present (CNP) and alternative payments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience in managing Fraud Risk in a SaaS environment preferred.
• Hospitality and/or Travel Payments experience is preferable.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open PTO policy and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. To make it easy for our team to travel we offer 2 corporate apartment accommodations near our San Diego and Sao Paulo offices. At Cloudbeds we are dedicated to your personal and professional development. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your unique individual growth! If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
• Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
• Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018 & 2019)
• Connect MIP Award (Technology)
• Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
• Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020)
• Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
• Best Startup Employers in 2020 | Forbes
Powered by JazzHR