Director, Human Resources – Corporate Functions Leadership
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,500 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
The Director, Human Resources-Executive Team is an integral member of the Global Human Resources leadership team working collaboratively working with our Corporate Executive Leadership Team (CEO, CFO, CAO, CHRO, CIO, CTO, EVP, Corp Dev, General Counsel). This role will provide HR support to the Covetrus Senior Leadership... Team as well as the major Global transformation initiatives. The role also serves as the human resources business partner. This position aligns people strategy & people management solutions with the business strategy by understanding business, market, and industry trends, providing insights for future talent needs to build talent and leadership capabilities. This role will report to the Global CHRO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• As a strategic business partner, you will understand and anticipate business priorities and contribute to the development of the business strategy.Provide HR leadership to the senior leaders within the Corporate Functions Leadership Team.
• Understand business context, issues, and challenges to provide coaching to managers and employees while using business knowledge to provide effective solutions that align with business goals to ensure execution of the people strategy
• Partner with the Senior Leadership Team to understand key performance issues, objectives and drivers and converts those needs into people management solutions
• Leads the people element of Transformation Initiatives, M&A integrations and divestments and help to drive organizational and cultural change and coach managers on leading change, engaging employees and effectively building capabilities
• As a change champion you will embrace change and understand strategies to address and reduce employee resistance and work to challenge the status quo, champion new initiatives and act as a catalyst for change that drives continuous improvement in business performance
• Support delivery of the people strategy within the business sector and drive business results through the identification and development of targeted HR/OD interventions to deliver performance
• As a talent manager and organizational designer, you will help to select, retain and develop the right talent and capabilities while developing and implementing proactive and innovative talent management solutions to deliver business results
• Understand and analyze organizational capabilities to proactively develop and implement organizational design and structure improvements to support delivery of the business strategy
• For business support you will plan to provide the implementation of initiatives, balancing both global, regional and local needs, understand common global frameworks, share best practices, maintain flexibility to meet local needs
• Support roll out of HR solutions to the business, acting as a champion, engaging stakeholders, guide and support leaders on performance management, including interim coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary guidance
• Develop tools in collaboration with Centers of Expertise and HR Operations to maximize opportunities for economies of scale, global consistency, and shared learning
• Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations while helping to advise and coach People Managers on compensation program, including annual merit and compensation processes
• Organizational Design
• Experience with shared service functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field with a Master’s degree and/or SPHR certification preferred.
• Fifteen years of progressive global Human Resources experience
• Minimum often (10) years as a global/international HR business partner and leader supporting a Senior Leadership Team.
• Experience in a High-Tech Global Public Company would be preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience and knowledge on HR practices, procedures and HR laws and regulations
• Workday HRIS experience is a must.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• SPHR preferred
• HOGAN, Predictive Index or Caliper certification preferred
COMPETENCIES (Skills and Abilities):
• M&A integration experience is a plus
• Strong interpersonal communications effectiveness, including verbal, written, presentation and persuasion skills
• Strong influencing, negotiation, and communication skills with the ability to present ideas at the senior level and gain executive buy-in and alignment around key priorities
• Work with a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
• Proven urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
• Eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
• Build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
• Know your area of expertise, you are passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
• Vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it but apply their abilities to achieving it.
• Open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping consumers and colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
• Set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
• Driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
• Work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Normal pet-friendly office environment with extensive computer use.
• Travel required and primarily to other site locations (up to 30%).
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated with undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status