Athletes for CARE is the only nonprofit working globally to leverage the voices of elite athletes to improve the global standards of health and create a community where athletes find support opportunity and purpose in life after a career in sports.
The A4C Community is the heart of Athletes for CARE and includes athletic community members (athletes, athlete spouses, coaches, trainers, owners and team personnel), Team CARE-ing (non-athletic community individual donors), Business Partners (corporate/organization donors), donors, sponsors, leagues and partner organizations. The Community Coordinator connects with, maintains contact information for, expands and meets the needs of the Athletes for CARE Community. Supports the organization leadership to ensure A4C meets goals.
Relationship Development & Management
• Develop and maintain relationships with all Community members
• Develop, communicate and help athletes utilize A4C programs and... benefits
• Gather and maintain community member information
• Make recommendations on policies, processes and resources needed to improve the Community
• Implement and manage new member process to quickly and effectively engage and retain members
• Recommend and create programs to meet the needs of the athletes
• Actively grow the Community
• Create and manage athlete earning opportunities
• Leverage athlete connections and build relationships with leagues, players associations and alumni associations.
• Ensure the Community is appropriately aware of A4C events, programs and resources.
• Encourage Community involvement in A4C events.
• Manage and execute the A4C communication calendar including social media, e-newsletters, blogs, vlogs, etc.
• Provide excellent customer service as the front line of A4C and customer service during office hours
• Manage Player Advisory Council and related subcommittees
• Encourage and manage athlete volunteer leadership roles
• Ensure A4C has an Athlete Champion who is passionate about any initiative A4C implements
• Support the A4C’s work by calendaring and preparing for all committee meetings (room reservations, calendaring, materials, email instructions to participants).
• Support all A4C events and meeting logistics including planning meetings, securing room reservations, calendaring events, printing materials and name badges, arranging for food and beverages, coordinating speaker needs, compiling post-event evaluations, and staff debriefs.
• Primary point-of-contact for participants and vendors for inquiries and information pre- and post-events.
• When onsite for events day-of program check-in, event management and wrap up.
• Maintain A4C’s calendar of events, both internal and external.
• Track and organize meeting and event supplies related to responsibilities.
• Coordinate event marketing and participant outreach.
• Develop and manage affinity and preferred vendor program for the Community to provide a tangible valuable benefit for community members and a revenue stream for A4C
• Regularly survey and converse with members to ensure A4C is providing valuable programs, services and benefits
Electronic Communications, Website & Social Media
• Manage content calendar for A4C and ensure regular communications to the Community
• Utilize social media to grow the Community and build relationships with Community members
• Interact with athletes and athlete brands regularly
• Manage featured athlete series
• Leverage knowledge gained through interaction to improve the programs and resources available to the community.
• Manage website content and community features to effectively communicate the A4C mission, resources, programs, goals, etc.
• Leverage the functionality of A4C’s web software to maximize interaction between community members.
• Manage the relationship with the A4C Podcast partner to attract more hosts and guests and generate revenue.
• Actively grow Team CARE-ing and the Business Partner Community
• Manage sponsor, business partner and donor benefits to ensure A4Cs obligations are met and the Community is elated by A4C
• Recommend and implement revenue generating programs and events
• Leverage relationships with the Community for sponsorship opportunities, etc.
• Support the Director of Development and all fundraising volunteers.
• Manage Tastemakers program and ensure all vendor commitments are met
• Ensure Community participation in each round of Tastemakers
• Manage product distribution
• Leverage communication tools to grow the program throughout the US and Canada
Other duties as assigned
Athletes for CARE is looking for a responsible, hardworking, motivated, self-starter individual who can multi-task and meet ambitious goals with a positive attitude. This is a fast paced, high energy, service-oriented work environment. With a small staff, this position is involved in supporting all aspects of the organization. The ideal candidate should have:
• Customer centered attitude
• Highly detail oriented and organized
• Able to prioritize and simultaneously execute multiple tasks on similar timetables in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Ability to meet deadline
• Strong proactive team communication skills
• Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality with high profile Community
• A collaborative teammate who can also work independently
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft office products, Adobe Creative Suite, multiple web-based tools)
• Strong electronic communication skills (email, social media, text, website, etc.)
• Creative problem solver
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Proven ability to influence cross functional teams of volunteers
• Demonstrated success in supporting multiple volunteers and leaders to meet goals
• Ability to travel occasionally
• Able to work flexible hours based on programming needs
• Ability to follow procedures and policies
• Flexibility – can adapt and enjoy change
• Willingness to learn and translate learning into better workplace practices
• Enjoys talking with and working with people
• 3-5 years experience in customer service and/or non-profit volunteer coordination
• Former athlete experience as a collegiate, professional or olympic athlete
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Experience in non-profit or membership organization
• Project management experience
• Social media experience
• Website management experience