Job Summary: OEM Product Manager
The Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Product Manager will work directly with the Chief Innovation Officer on shaping and defining a new line of embedded security components. This role will engage directly with our engineering team to define requirements, coordinate development programs and create demonstrations and reference designs that showcase the value of our novel new solutions. The ideal candidate will bring prior experience in managing high-quality, security-relevant components for industrial equipment applications and be responsible for effectively defining a new category of hardware-enforced security component and the ultimate success of the product line.
The PM will develop product strategy, road map and manage the development life cycle from inception to launch and provide on-going Subject Matter Expertise support for sales and marketing initiatives. This position requires a strong customer orientation and the ability to think through... product scenarios and prioritize objectives from multiple user personas.
The OEM Product Manager will define product release schedules, and define core product requirements and individual market specific requirements. In addition, the PM will integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements while maximizing efficiency in a constantly evolving environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Validate requirements and define new OEM solutions to meet customer needs
• Research, design, plan, develop and/or evaluate new, advanced network technologies by translating customer requirements or strategic business objectives into final product design.
• Draft user stories for new product features
• Perform market research and competitive analysis for core product features
• Develop an OEM distribution and support channel
• Manage full product growth & initiate plans to optimize revenue
• Execute go to market strategies and pricing mechanisms to drive business growth
• Facilitate development metrics and manage budget
• Prepare detailed status report on OEM activity including financial projections and provide necessary recommendations
• Plan & implement strategies to counter competitive products in the market
• Work with Sales, Marketing and Engineering stakeholders to manage development priorities and release schedules
• Prioritize product and platform enhancements based on business objectives and strategic initiatives
• Maintain and communicate product roadmap
• Document and distribute updates to product functionality
• Manage the prioritization and resolution of customer escalation issues
• Operate cross-functionally to represent the voice of the customer and collaborate with sales to deliver the optimal system for end user needs.
• 8+ years of hardware and software Product Management experience
• Entrepreneurial spirit and component-level product experience
• Prior experience in rolling out an Embedded or OEM solution
• Direct experience in defining and shaping a component used in an industrial context, such as a WiFI or cellular module or secure co-processor
• B.S. degree in a technical discipline required, advanced degrees preferred
• Must be a US Citizen
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
• Current experience supporting the creation of marketing collateral including sales training materials, launch materials, customer presentations
• Proven ability to present to senior levels within customer organization and industry analysts
• Collaborative problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
• Strong visual design and user experience sensibilities
• Experience with multiple full project lifecycles, from concept to delivery
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Experience managing vendors
• Very strong presentation, communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills a must
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing several projects at once
About Owl Cyber Defense Solutions, LLC
Owl Cyber Defense Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing cybersecurity solutions company, holding a firm leadership position in network security and secure information transfer. It is a privately-owned US company with offices in Columbia, MD and Danbury, CT. For more information, see http://www.owlcyberdefense.com.
Owl Cyber Defense is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer