About the Job
We are searching for a Lead UI/UX Designer to join our 25-person engineering team. In this role, you will help craft the experience and design of our web applications, with an eye towards efficiency and usability which means you’ll play an important part in growing and maturing our product. Our tight-knit team combines a Scrum process with a strong testing culture, continuous integration.
You’ll have a leg up if you’re passionate about healthcare and geek out on delivering an amazing and useful application.
Applicants for employment with Q-Centrix must be legally authorized to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship.
As a Lead UI / UX Designer, you will:
- Apply your creative nature and visionary ways to the design of novel and existing web applications.
- Engage with users to perform usability research, working to identify workflow enhancements that will create more efficiency and improve performance.
- Serve as an advocate for users within... our existing product and software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the rest of Engineering to turn great ideas into awesome realities. You’ll lead the design team in taking initial concepts and requirements all the way through developer-ready designs.
- Interpret and translate user insights into concepts, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes.
- Improve design, usability, and engagement through the analysis and integration of front-end metrics.
- Mentor and nurture junior designers, supporting their personal and professional growth and development.
You’re our dream candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of UI/UX web application development experience.
- Know how to manage projects—you’ve even led a number of large projects while coordinating between product and development.
- Mastered modern design tools as Figma, InVision, Adobe XD, Maze.
- Consider yourself an HTML and CSS (along with preprocessors SASS/LESS/etc.) pro.
- Are an excellent communicator and have superb written and spoken communication skills (in English).
- Possess a strong understanding of usability principles.
- Are familiar with software development concepts and processes (e.g., version control, ticketing systems, Agile methodology).
Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation, insurance, and a 401k with company match.
- Flexible work hours and days
- Time dedicated to exploring new languages/frameworks and contributing to open source.
- Unlimited PTO Who are we?
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation and believe in our mission and values to improve outcomes in healthcare. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
We celebrate and embrace these differences, and take pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity team