As a Technical Writer 3, you will produce a major portion of complex end-to-end guidance (i.e. reference guides, technical solution articles, user guides, UI text, training modules, videos) that makes it easy for game developers to get started on our cloud products and services.
- Provide accurate, complete, and well written content that all audience levels understand (technical and non-technical).
- Take ownership of content for all assigned projects including facts gathering, quality assurance, file organization and management, writing and manipulating code samples
- Independently conduct interviews and strategy sessions with program managers, engineers, cloud solution managers, product marketing and others to gather information to create and edit content.
- Create diagrams and illustrations to explain technical concepts
- Help outline new training curriculum
- Envision and drive experiments to test out new ideas
- Write scripts and help produce... videos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in a professional voice that is tuned to different audiences.
- 4+ years of technical writing experience
- Experience working with technology teams, or within the tech space, to help document processes, procedures, user guides, and diagrams for systems
- Basic understanding of cloud technology concepts
- Proficiency with Markdown HTML text editor
- Validated experience creating and developing technical content
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communications, Informatics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Great to have
· Experience with game development
· Experience producing videos or visual content