This position is responsible for the performance of coding operations and services. Ensure adequate resources and staffing for consistent coverage of engagements. Manages service line performance, as well as engagement, quality, and productivity standards. Interfaces directly with Tenet hospitals at a corporate level. Serves as the critical link in managing relationships with national vendor partners. Identifies and develops additional business development opportunities.
- Bachelor degree in Health Information Management and or relevant Bachelor's degree with 10 years in a comparable position.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Management (RHIA) professional certification.
- Seven (7) years of recent experience in HIM and/or coding leadership work in the field.
- Must be able to travel nationally 25%-50%.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, problem solving abilities; good knowledge of medical records... systems (paper, hybrid, and electronic).
- Ability to build and maintain team dynamics.
- Strong computer applications knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be fluent in general information technologies; significant level of autonomy; must be self-directed.
- Implement policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of the services
- High Level knowledge of Coding processes and nomenclatures.
- Excellent organizational skills for initiation and maintenance of efficient workflow
- Capacity to work independently in a virtual office setting or at facility setting if required to travel for assignment.
- Able to operate computer keyboard, mouse and other peripherals as appropriate to accomplish coding & abstracting duties.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical coding set forth by AHIMA and monitors coding team for violations and reports as areas of concern are identified.
- Maintains knowledge of current professional coding certification requirements and promotes recruitment and retention of certified staff in coding positions.
- Support the collaboration between coding, CDI, Quality, compliance and medical staff.
- Works collaboratively with CDI, quality and other facility leaders .
- The ideal candidate will have coding management experience in a large multi-facility health system.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential.
- Successfully demonstrates leadership of large coding teams for complex multi-hospital systems.
- Competency in all facets of coding related t IP, OP, ED, and pro-fee.
Primary Location: California
Facility: 984-Fort Lauderdale, FL
Other Locations: Alabama,Florida,Georgia,Massachusetts,South Carolina,Tennessee,Texas,Michigan,Arizona
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days