Are you a self-driven problem solver and continuous learner with a passion for data, applied statistics, machine learning, programming and visualization? If so, you might be interested in the opportunity to join RMD's Digital Technology Applied Artificial Intelligence team as a Data Scientist.
RMD seeks an entrepreneurial analytic thinker capable of working across functional areas with minimal supervision, in order to support the application of data science and software engineering methods and techniques for production scale internal use and external research. The successful candidate will work with stakeholders and the Applied Artificial Intelligence team to develop analytic products for agile delivery. Products span manufacturing, engineering, business development, supply chain, and quality control functions. This role provides an opportunity to influence organizational and company standards and roadmaps through researching AND deploying technical solutions for customers as part of... a broader ecosystem of machine learning and advanced analytics professionals at Raytheon Technologies.
At RMD, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by RMD employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
This role can be based at any RMD location Nationwide or Remote.
- 4+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience meeting with business stakeholders to identify and develop requirements for strategic use cases and research opportunities
- Deep experience with Python development (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-image, and scikit-learn) for integration into statistical and/or machine learning applications beyond academic examples, preferably production analytics models
- Effectively communicates statistical/mathematical techniques to non-technical audiences and senior leadership
- Collaborate with data owners and technology teams to source data sets required for analyses, ability to build, test, and provide requirements for data pipelines
- Applied knowledge of quantitative techniques (normalization, standardization, applied statistics) to cleanse and explore large, complex data sets in preparation for further analysis
- Apply data reduction, feature selection, and feature engineering techniques
- Experience with relational databases management and complex SQL development
- Iterate on and/or create repeatable, reusable processes and scalable data products with the advanced analytics team
- Maintain contemporary expertise on new data science methods, technologies, industry trends and open source packages
- Eligibility to obtain a US Govt. Dept. of Defense Secret Clearance as necessary for future projects that require it. Except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US Clearances
- Proficiency with at least one deep learning framework such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano or Caffe
- It is important that candidates demonstrate the ability to articulate application of skills to business outcomes rather than purely academic endeavors.
- Familiarity with CNN architectures such as ResNet, Inception, XCeption, NASNet, VGG, UNet, Stacked Hourglass, MobileNet, pix2pix, and CycleGAN
- Experience building data visualizations with applications such as Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, etc.
- Ability and eagerness to learn, educate, and mentor others
- Experience in diverse domains (manufacturing operations, supply chain, finance, engineering, information technology, business development, quality control)
- Experience with commercial software development processes: good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking and version control
- Familiarity deploying machine learning models in public cloud services such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with high performance compute management tools(i.e. Slurm, HTCondor, Prometheus, TORQUE)
- Track record of GPU programming, network optimization and deployment for data science applications
- Familiarity with MLOps concepts, processes and technologies
- Strong preference for advanced degree in quantitative field (i.e. Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics)
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics or a quantitative degree in other social science or hard science fields
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization and required US Security Clearance. 186118
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status