Job Number: R0007912
One growing team. One powerful goal.
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged-and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another's potential, and we focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore, we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered. We're... proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception.
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we'll shape the future of education by transforming lives-beginning with yours.
Here's more information about the job you clicked on:
Southern New Hampshire University is hiring remotely in the following states: New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Arizona, Indiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas, and Florida.
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one
Low to no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid Holidays
A Retirement Plan with a 9% Employer Funded annual contribution
Tuition Benefits with family offerings
This position is responsible for enabling our student facing/supporting staff and leadership in their goals and initiatives aimed at setting up our students for success and enabling business development teams to expand the university's impact - both on-campus and online programs. The data scientist will be responsible for delivering actionable insights to our business partners by actively identifying opportunities, providing actionable, insightful analysis, and designing scalable solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unpacking customer/student feedback and transforming data into simple, actionable, and tangible insights.
- Using Voice of Customer data to help identify the challenges and opportunities faced by our student learners, and quantify their impact on our north-star metrics like student success, persistence and graduation, so as to help prioritize strategies and resources to fix or improve those factors
- Work on all aspects of creating a 360-degree repository of information for our customer experience strategy team(s)
- Collaborate with business and operation teams to deliver end-to-end solutions including collecting requirements, establish analytics work plan, data exploration, cleansing, and preparation, identifying features, selecting algorithms, building, and testing models, iteratively improving solutions
- Develop data driven, insightful analyses to answer questions, with a focus on cause and effect relationships, address business challenges or identify opportunities, and provide actionable recommendations
- Leverage story-telling skills to deliver insights that are clear, concise and actionable
- Contribute to and maintain the state-of-the-art data science ecosystem that enables the larger team to leverage these data science products/packages for their needs
- Collaborate with other analytics team members and business units to drive common goal achievement and organizational objectives. The cross-team interaction is very important - you'll be required to enforce a culture of data analytics driven approach across organization.
- Attendance, punctuality, and reliability are essential functions of this role
- Other duties, responsibilities or activities may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- 3+ year of experience with Bachelor's degree in Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative field, preferably working in a strategic consulting or data centric role; or
- 0-3 year of experience with Masters in above mentioned quantitative fields
- Strong knowledge of natural language processing - text mining, sentiment analysis, pattern recognition, etc. - is a must.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Trees - GBM, XGBoost, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Plotly, NLTK, SpaCy, TextBlob, PySpark, etc. Excellence in more of these is highly desirable
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, or Hive
- Data-oriented personality, combined with superior communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with advanced visualization tools and techniques
- Experience with qualitative software (e.g., Atlas.ti, NVivo, Quid, etc.)
- PhD degree in above mentioned quantitative fields
Please note that a background check is required for employment