The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world's most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com .
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development - To advance the... capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
YSI, A Xylem Brand, is accepting applications for a Hydrological Systems Technician to be responsible for deploying, commissioning, calibrating and troubleshooting a variety of hydrological, meteorological systems and sensors, telemetry, and data logging devices. This remote position will be field based approximately 75% of the time, with approximately 2 weeks of overnight travel each month. This dynamic role will act as a project lead as well as participate in the day-to-day activities on the ground or as a project team member for larger projects.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong technical background, including computer and IT skills, be proficient with technical report writing and standard MS Office software and be efficient working independently with an emphasis on safety.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Follow company procedures, safety policies, SOP's and checklists
- Monitor and troubleshoot customer(s) monitoring sites and interface directly with clients and end users regarding application and system performance
- Ensure maintenance and billing logs are kept up to date. Generate reports and maintain equipment database.
- Installation, activation, calibration and troubleshooting of air and water quality monitoring instruments and data collection/telemetry systems
- Validation and certification testing to ensure installation is complete and meets client objectives
- Generate professional site visit reports and submit time and expenses as part of the project deliverables
- Interpret, edit and create schematics, layouts and wiring diagrams of systems and as-built conditions
- Conduct client acceptance demonstrations and provide training to end users
- Conduct commissioning and startup activities of integrated systems
- Through site-visits and ongoing dialog, learn and understand client goals to ensure proper equipment application
- Liaison with the national Sales Team to identify potential sale opportunities
- Work extended hours as required to finish daily tasks or for unscheduled and emergency site repairs
- Work safely in demanding conditions (outdoors, near water, in harsh weather, in remote locations and around wildlife)
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- A.S. in Electronics, Systems or Earth Sciences or other technical discipline with 2 years of relevant work experience
- Course work, studies, experience or interest in the natural sciences and environmental processes
- Ability to pass background checks during hiring and as required by our clients
- Must have and keep a clean driving record (Company vehicle provided)
- Excellent customer facing skills and ability to communicate effectively through email and telephone
- Comfortable working within a large and diverse team to accomplish business and project goals
- Proven ability to work safely in demanding field conditions (outdoors, near water, in harsh weather, in remote locations and around wildlife)
- Experience with water quality, flow and level measuring instrumentation
- Experience with boat handling, mooring and anchoring systems
- Strong understanding of AC/DC electrical systems, batteries and solar charging systems
- Proficiency with MS Office products including, Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio
- Familiarity with environmental processes for assessing data quality
- Working knowledge of common programming languages including Basic and C+
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with appropriate sense of urgency
- Willingness to regularly travel outside of local area with occasional extended or international travel required
- Unrelated or non-specific tasks may be assigned during low utilization periods or downtime
- B.S. Degree in Natural, Environmental, or other Earth Sciences with an emphasis on integrated systems
- Experience with YSI, Sontek, Waterlog, Campbell Scientific instrumentation, cellular modems, radio modems and antenna systems.
- Strong knowledge of computer networking, WiFi and IT systems
- Working knowledge of SCADA, Modbus and other advanced communications protocols
- Project Management experience
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to lift and hold up to 40-50 lbs to head height
- Unrestricted ability to sit or stand, reach, bend and move for long periods of time
- Applicants should be comfortable working on or around water and be strong swimmers
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Field : Non-specific tasks performed at client field locations, outdoors, exposed to elements or inclement weather
- Remote work/work from home environment when not in field.
- Travel: 75%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law