Academic Analytics is searching for a full time Data Analyst to join our team! The Data Analyst will assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of complex queries, reports, and analyses related to research universities. Reporting to the Analytics Manager, you will provide expertise and insight to engage and stimulate increased client utilization of Academic Analytics solutions as strategic assets in client decision making and program assessment. You will work with a team of data analysts as part of a dynamic client service operation. Approx. 10% travel is expected. This is a remote position. We are looking for candidates on the East Coast and in the Midwest. Candidates must live and be eligible to work in the United States.
You’ll love this position if:
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- You are passionate about working in an environment that encourages teamwork and out of the box thinking
- You are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work... ethic and excellent communication skills
What you’ll do here:
- Perform data analysis to support client objectives, turning data into insights that drive business decisions
- Define and scope report requirements (in collaboration with clients), design and develop report-oriented code (either in SAS or SQL); build, test, and standardize reports, data visualizations, and dashboards (either in Tableau or Excel).
- Ensure data quality and integrity by completing audits and cross-checking data
- Identify and prepare data content for webinars and public communications and presentations; collaborate with clients to define the scope of new analyses and present completed reports to client stakeholders.
- In collaboration with Client Solutions Team, partner with individual client institutions to tailor the implementation of Academic Analytics products and solutions to each client’s unique needs.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years data analysis experience or academic training
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and a solutions-oriented, innovative approach to exploring data
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and/or SAS required
- Extensive knowledge of Tableau Desktop required
- Working knowledge of Tableau Server required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and videoconference software (Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Understanding of basic statistics and research methods
- Experience working in higher education and/or institutional research a plus
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative working relationships with colleagues in a virtual work environment
- Needs to be flexible with willingness to adapt to changes
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility to handle several projects simultaneously, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Ability to operate in high volume work environment
- Proactive work style: will take initiative to make personal connections with key personnel internally and externally, take ownership of projects and see through to completion.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of data users from various functional levels
- Ability to think analytically and communicate statistical concepts and research findings to expert and non-expert users
Academic Analytics, was founded in 2005. University presidents, provosts, and other academic leaders strive to build stronger research institutions. Academic Analytics aggregates valuable information on scholarly research activity and provides user friendly business intelligence software, curated data, and analytics to these higher education professionals. These solutions help academic leaders understand the research accomplishments of faculty members, departments, programs, and their entire institution. Our tools help universities view research activity in context, identify funding opportunities, form expert teams to win funding, and increase the visibility of the institution’s research enterprise to companies, foundations, and potential collaborators. To learn more about Academic Analytics please see: https://bit.ly/2RXh0XX
Academic Analytics provides a great benefit package including, paid time off, 401K with match, medical benefits and more