Who You Are
You are a motivated DevOps professional who is passionate about Kubernetes and ELK stack in a Big Data environment, architecture, implementation, setup, administration, performance tuning, resiliency, and uptimes to support the Firm’s business. You excel at application support, monitoring, and incident escalation, and have experience building out Enterprise-grade ELK functions from the ground up using various tools and methodologies. You are a seasoned professional, and ever-learning engineer, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you expand into other areas of operations and provide a holistic picture of application and data relationships across various technologies, locations, and transformations
What You'll Do
- The DevOps Engineer will provide application ELK and Kubernetes Enterprise architecture, implementation, setup, administration, and daily Production Support; engineer solutions to automate, and streamline monitoring and escalation, improve resiliency.
- ... The DevOps Engineer will continuously analyze, review, and performance data, fine-tune servers.
- Work with various teams like Software Development, Information Security, Data Architecture, Salesforce, and Azure to provide the best ELK can offer.
- Install, and configure, and tune the cluster in an Enterprise environment
- Drive from the beginning to the completion the projects with respective teams to onboard their data, set up the teams, dashboards, etc.
- Monitor the servers, establish patching and upgrade policy, remediate any environmental issues
- Work with all teams to set up monitoring and alerting
- Establish incident escalation
- Follow through on outages to post mortems, retrospectives
- Help establish service maps and application support matrix, escalation paths
- Document the architecture, setup steps, and monitoring/support. Cross-train team members to augment the depth of support
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Information Technology, with 5 years in ELK
- Expert knowledge in Kubernetes and container technology
- Advance knowledge of Terraform and related scripting
- Scripting languages for advanced container automation enhancement
- Candidate should have advanced knowledge of Linux or Windows Server OS, Services, Event Logs, Performance monitoring, and related systems as they pertain to ELK support role.
- Expert knowledge of ELK components, ability to dive into any operational issues, as well as to support various teams’ needs.
- Must be a hands-on bash scripting expert with proven ability to deliver complex logic
- Knowledge of another scripting language, like Python or PowerShell is a plus
- Understanding and troubleshooting of load balancers, DNS, virtual networks and firewalls, including cloud environment
- Proven ability to set up application, synthetics, and infrastructure monitoring. NewRelic experience on-prem or Azure is a plus
- Experience supporting in-house message queues. RabbitMQ is a plus
- 5+ years of working with Linux OS
- Incident escalation and collaboration with software engineering, infrastructure, DBA and business
- Proven ability to take on new technology implementation projects, and working with stakeholders to successful completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Candidate should be articulate, outgoing, and have a dedication to documentation and detail.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of corporate technology environments including application development and the supporting technology/network infrastructure. Background in software development is a plus.
- Experience using support ticketing systems is required. Experience with JIRA Service Desk is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure; strong organizational skills; good judgment and decision making.
- Self-starter, takes ownership and accountability for assigned work.
- Able to identify and manage key risks and issues.
- Understanding/familiarity with source control, packaging, provisioning and deployment is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and methodology is a plus