ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY: We are looking for a full-time mid-level Digital Publishing Specialist to work as part of a talented global team of technical writers. This position requires experience working with MadCap Flare for muti-channel publishing and other tasks including creating stylesheets and page layouts. This candidate should have proven experience in digital publishing and technical writing.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Stealthbits, now part of Netwrix, is a data security software company focused on protecting an organization’s credentials and sensitive information. By removing inappropriate data access, enforcing security policy, and detecting advanced threats, we reduce security risk, fulfill compliance requirements and decrease operations expense.
Identify threats. Secure data. Reduce risk.
This is a remote based opportunity.
- Uses MadCap Flare to perform multiple tasks including:
- Multi-channel publishing for web, print, and mobile
- Creating... stylesheets, page layouts, and output targets
- Implementing variables, snippets, and conditional text
- Importing documentation projects into Flare
- Prepares illustrations including screenshots and architecture diagrams
- Works as part of a Technical Documentation team and follows department guidelines and editorial standards
- Participates in both major product releases and minor releases and updates
- Performs technical writing duties such as updating technical content for product releases or writing new user guides
- Communicates closely with the development teams, Quality Control (QC/QA), product management, User Experience (UX), design and product marketing teams, and the support team
- Attends meetings and demos, arrange interviews with SMEs, attends phone calls with colleagues globally
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ experience working with MadCap Flare for digital publishing at a software/technology company
- Experience working in digital publishing for a software/technology company
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to analyze, understand and advocate for the needs and expectations of the target audiences
- Can collect information from various sources, analyze your findings and organize content in a structured, coherent manner
- Can translate complicated technical concepts into user-friendly texts
- Are a team player and a self-motivated quick learner, ready to explore new technologies and solutions
Technical and Technical Writing Skills
- Understanding of software concepts
- Strong working knowledge of content development
- Familiarity with style guides
- Solid usability experience
- Experience gleaning information from subject matter experts
- Screen capture tools (such as Techsmith Snagit)
- Microsoft® Office (especially Word