About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support, and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Design and implement modern-day web applications following best-practice patterns and utilizing back-end programming languages (Ex: Python, Django, etc.)
- Create Python-based API Endpoints that connect to a variety... of data stores (MySQL, Dynamodb, etc.)
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Utilize code versioning tools (Git).
- Maintain code quality and ensure the responsiveness of applications.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build modern-day serverless/micro-services based Web apps.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies such as Python, Django, Lambda, Serverless, SQL/NO-SQL and other AWS technologies (RDS. EC2, SQS..).
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of a small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- A growing understanding of application development such as API design, deployment, and maintenance.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies and ability to self-learn.
- Experience using AWS services and willing to learn (Lambda, API Gateway, etc.)
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile development practices
- Knowledge of database (relational) architecture and design.
- Ability to get government clearance.
This is a part-time opportunity and does not include benefits.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled