My client is a Fortune 23 organization that develops, manufactures, and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management. Type 1 diabetes is most commonly found in infants in children, essentially everyday you will have an impact on young children’s lives throughout the world. This client’s product removes the need to draw blood to monitor glucose level, therefor reducing the bodily harm that diabetics need to induce to monitor their glucose levels. They are looking to bring on a Lead of DevOps that would be working within the R&D department. This position primarily focuses on infrastructure and networking as code.
Required Skills & Experience
- Superior communication & collaboration skills; versed in leadership framing and adjusting communication style to meet the audience.
- Proficient at developing PowerPoint proposals, architecture diagrams, product roadmaps, and project plans.
- Experience as Technical Lead, both with hands-on... development but also teaching, mentoring, and guiding engineers to develop a technology solution.
- Proficiency in Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge and understanding virtualized environments
- Proficiency with IaaS (AWS and GCP preferred)
- Ability to articulate ideas to a non-technical audience
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage workload with little day-to-day instruction
- Understanding of Information Technology operations, infrastructure, and application management processes
- Lead and drive new releases into production for our partners and customers.
- Manage pre-production and production environments – ensuring environments are kept up to date.
- Knowledge of Docker, managing microservice pools, service discovery
- Knowledge of systems administrations and networking technologies
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 13+ years related experience or a Master’s degree and 8+ years equivalent industry experience of a PhD and 5+ years of experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Troubleshoot and assist with deployment-related issues and incident redeployment-related items.
- Deep expertise in modern infrastructure hosting environments, with emphasis in AWS and GCP
- Experience with issue tracking systems. JIRA preferred.
- Experience with Dev Ops concepts
- Experience with cloud hosted environments such as AWS and GCP
- Experience working in the medical device industry
- Experience with modern source control systems such as Git preferred.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems. Including configuration of IIS.
- Possess a DevOps mindset when approaching tasks with automation, reliability, and repeatability in mind.
- Familiarity with latest Build/Release technologies and systems.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160-170K/year, DOE + 90k RSU Package + 15% Bonus
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future