- Manages engineering staff engaged in the delivery of business features using agile methodologies
- Responsible for overseeing the technical implementations of delivering business strategies using CI CD pipeline
- Provides a roadmap to improve the delivery of business features by collaborating with peer managers from other departments and the team
- Responsible for overall implementation of departmental and team goals and objectives
- Develop the team’s technical abilities by providing direction, coaching, and mentoring the team members
- Conduct design thinking sessions with stakeholders to empathize and ideate new solutions or processes
- Reports to Sr. Manager, Software Configuration
- Provides day-to-day oversight of a team of technical Leads and Engineers
- Works with other IT Managers to implement the CI CD and DevOps strategies across the organization
- Coaches and mentors team members
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide direction to the... team when needed
- Align self and the team with the organization’s goals and objectives
- Present the technical solutions to the peer team members and managers to get their support
- Manage team’s performance and technical relevance to deliver future strategies
Knowledge and Skills
- BS / MS in Computer Science field is a MUST for this position.
- At least 12+ years working in the IT with experience in Development, Delivery, Automation is a must.
- Requires a minimum of 2 to 3 years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- Experience collaborating with Development, Testing, Architecture, and Infrastructure teams is a must.
- Good coding experience in Java, Groovy, Python is a must.
- Experience in Delivery Tools and Cloud technologies is preferred.
- Hands-on implementation of CI CD pipeline, DevOps and Cloud technologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, GCP, Azure, GitHub, Microservice architecture is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Security and Risk Audit and Compliance is good to have.
- Knowledge of Healthcare industry is good to have.
- About Company:
oAbout Blue Shield of California: For more than 80 years, Blue Shield has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 7,500 employees, more than $21 billion in annual revenue and 4.5 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield is headquartered in Oakland, California with 21 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
oOur Benefits: At Blue Shield you can expect a comprehensive benefits program that offers choice and flexibility for our diverse workforce. These programs and resources include: Medical, Dental, and Vision plan benefits, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off (PTO), earned sabbatical time, paid nonprofit volunteer time, flexible work program, free online education, tuition reimbursement, a wellness reimbursement program, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more.
- Physical Requirements: Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork – Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- EEO Footer:
oEEO Footer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, state and local laws. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
oAccommodations: Blue Shield is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, services, programs and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation prior to your interview, please contact RehabWest, Inc at (760)759-7500.
- Requisition ID: 210029Q
- Posting Date: Aug 10, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time