We are a remote first organization and you may work anywhere within the US.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested
- Some Federal contracts require a degree in computer science or additional years of experience as a substitute
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate across teams to consolidate and simplify DevOps tools and services, then support other infrastructure engineers using them in production
- Build libraries, modules, and packages for other infrastructure engineers to integrate with their projects
- Develop Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes... to help deliver software of higher quality at greater speed
- Work closely with our government partners and app teams to ensure that we are shipping software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- Solve problems in ways that drive towards simplicity of architecture and operations
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 7 years of experience in software design and development, architecture, operations
- Bachelor of Science in Technology or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience utilizing DevOps tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- 5+ years of experience building optimized docker containers
- 3+ year of experience programming in a high level language, such as Ruby or Python
- 1+ year of experience writing Groovy pipeline scripts for Jenkins
- Experience collaborating with other teams, adopting their goals as your own
- Familiarity with static analysis tools and other CI tools used for security and compliance
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular ECS/Fargate, CloudWatch, IAM, EC2, and S3
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, UDP, routing, load balancing, SSH
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- A desire to expand your skills and gain experience with new tooling as needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Pay range $108,006 - $126,700 commensurate with experience