Very Good Security (“VGS”) was founded by highly successful repeat entrepreneurs and is backed by world-class investors like Goldman Sachs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Visa. Our company is building a modern approach to data security, compliance and privacy. VGS completely de-scopes clients from needing to hold sensitive data themselves, while still allowing them to get the full benefit of using & operating on any kind of sensitive data (payments, PII, access credentials, etc.). A major benefit to using our platform is that companies are able to offload liability while fast-tracking compliance certifications, including PCI, SOC2, and more.
- Engage in all phases of the software lifecycle- design, implement, test, deploy, and support services in production.
- Focus on improving performance profile of deployed applications
- Maintain a culture of code quality through rigorous testing, automation, and code reviews.
- Be proactive and innovative- we rely on your feedback to... build a world-class product.
- Be a part of a team that believes in the core values of transparency, collaboration, grit, and humility; in going above and beyond what is required in order to do the right thing for our customers and the company; and in having fun while doing all this!
- BS or equivalent, and a minimum of 8+ years of software development experience- ideally in a SaaS/product development company
- Demonstrable experience with large scale low latency, high throughput, high availability services. Ideally, you have worked with complex applications, have experience operating them as microservices, and have an appreciation of the design decisions needed to balance between availability, performance, and throughput.
- Strong knowledge of Java a bonus
- Strong experience with database technologies (both SQL and noSQL) operated in high availability configurations
- Experience with the AWS stack, especially EBT, EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, RDS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins
- Experience with performance testing, benchmarking, and tuning software and services
Nice To Have
- Experience with Netty/NIO
- Experience with service mesh technology
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of Kafka, Spark, NiFi, or Samza
- Comfortable working in roles that at times may be customer-facing Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience successfully working with distributed teams across time zones
- Increase performance of our core vault database and application