GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Provide strategic and operational medical support for real world evidence generation activities, and inform study design and conduct across GRAIL clinical research programs to establish GRAIL as a leader in... addressing healthcare disparities and equity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the GRAIL RWE and Medical Affairs for health equity activities in coordination with Government Affairs and External Affairs.
- Establish health equity strategy for GRAIL studies (Clinical Development, Medical Affairs) including timelines, KPI and measurement framework for underserved populations
- Provide clinical and methodologic input into RWE strategies and tactics) for Medical Affairs (study design, protocol development, budgeting, site recruitment, medical monitoring, publications, investigator relations) with GRAIL’s academic, community and industry partners in support of health equity strategy
- Play an active role in identifying and recruiting clinical sites for participation in RWE studies, as well as exploring other innovative ways of recruiting patients
- Provide oversight to clinical data collection and quality assessment, and contribute medical insights into development of statistical analysis plans
- Provide leadership and direction for GRAIL RWE programs and developing plans to generate evidence for real world validation and clinical utility.
- Engage with GRAIL scientific advisory board, key academic, community, and industry partners, and other thought leaders to innovate and refine RWE strategies.
- Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables and may impact future concepts, products or technologies; for example, monitor clinical study data to look for representativeness, quality of data or data gaps to meet study objectives and future product development.
- Create framework for RWE study design and execution in collaboration with key internal stakeholders (Commercial, Marketing, Compliance, Regulatory)
- Increase visibility, educate, build knowledge and solicit support and participation within Medical and broader organization on health equity programs and initiatives.
- Establish key relationships with external stakeholder groups (eg. National Urban League, National Minority Quality Forum, Partners in Health, etc.) to design and execute on health equity strategy for GRAIL research
- MD preferred, or PharmD with practical clinical experience
- Public Health training a plus
- Demonstrated experience in support of health equity strategies, including work with NGO and other community and healthcare organizations to promote delivery and research in under-represented minority populations and economically disadvantaged communities
- 6+ years in Biopharmaceutical environment preferably with oncology experience
- Experience in design and conduct of clinical studies (Clinical Development and/or Medical Affairs) including in diverse populations
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of clinical principles and concepts in clinical study design, including late stage research
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to work collaboratively in matrix environment, including influence and relationship management
- Superior communication abilities with varied audiences and demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups
- Entrepreneurial spirit and approach with the ability to work in an ambiguous environment, while maintaining a focus on operational excellence and detail orientation to activate and drive execution.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies (“Agency”), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings (“Agreement”). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team