his role will call on a number of your skills, including crafting messaging and positioning for products, working with the demand generation team to conceive and develop innovative content that drives demand, owning and driving successful product launches, understanding and sharing knowledge about the competitive landscape, writing content in multiple forms, developing compelling programs to build customer loyalty and champions, and providing overall sales and marketing support. The Product Marketing Manager will work closely with Product Management as well as Solutions Engineering on the company's future strategies and roadmap execution. The Product Marketing Manager is also responsible for being the “voice” of Perforce in the wider marketplace to raise the profile of the company, gather market intelligence, and prepare the ground for the sales team. This may include presentations at relevant events, interacting directly with our customers, industry analyst briefings, publishing... articles, social media, networking, etc.
Ideally, this individual would have previous experience working with DevOps tools, testing/SAST knowledge is a bonus.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market and create compelling content that supports both internal stakeholders and the overall marketing content strategy.
- Provide feedback to Product Management on the roadmap and product release definitions.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling, adoption, and renewal process.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on buyers in your space, how they buy and their buying criteria. Understand the competitive and market landscape and how we win.
- Interact with our customers to better understand their environments and their challenges. Turn customers into advocates, references, and champions.
- Support the demand generation team in developing the strategy on which marketing programs most effectively drive demand for your products.
- Create written content, demos, presentations and associated material to educate the sales team, advance deals, and support marketing campaigns.
- Create & deliver presentations at internal and external events.
- Maximize the effectiveness of product launches.
- Ability to develop content and messaging for various audiences (technical, decision-maker, executive, analyst, etc.)
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Energetic, enthusiastic, with a highly flexible attitude
- Ability to speak tech with engineering teams and translate tech into business value
- Highly organized individual, able to multitask and manage demanding projects and deadlines
- Ability to create new, innovative ways to reach and retain customers
- 10+ years experience in enterprise software product marketing or similar
- MBA preferred