Hire Counsel is working with a prestigious law firm to find a Real Estate Attorney for a 6+ month long assignment. Those with at least two years of commercial real estate experience, particularly those who have done due diligence work, are encouraged to apply. This position may become permanent for the right candidate.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Assist with major commercial real estate transactions, including real estate financing and purchase and sale transactions;
- Perform due diligence in connection with title and survey work, including reviewing and commenting on title commitments, property surveys and zoning reports;
- Independently assess the risk posed by record title documents and make remedial recommendations to clients;
- Coordinate directly with outside vendors (title insurance companies, surveyors, and zoning companies) to make changes to such documents ;
- Prepare diligence memorandums, title objection notices, estoppel letters, escrow instruction letters, and... other documents as necessary to real estate diligence review;
- Review and abstract lease and loan documentation;
- Perform due diligence review for other business transactions.
- At least 2 years of law firm practitioner experience in Real Estate, including real estate financing, purchase and sale transactions, closing transactions, and title and survey work (commercial real estate experience preferred);
- JD from an accredited law school;
- NY Bar.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Salary: $90/hr
- Duration: 6+ months
- Location: Remote
About Hire Counsel
Over the past two decades, Hire Counsel has built strong, trusted client relationships with the nation's most reputable corporations and law firms, enabling us to bring the best opportunities to candidates like you. We are dedicated to Serving Today's New Legal Economy. Our professionals have the advantage of flexibility, competitive hourly rates, healthcare insurance, 401(k), as well as equity participation and profit sharing through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We hold all resumes in the strictest confidence.
If you have a friend who is interested in our job opportunity, refer them to us and you could earn a bonus of up to $500! To learn more about our Referral Program, click http://www.hirecounsel.com/referral-program