Green Pixel Studios is an in-house user experience team charged with pushing the envelope on user experience design in digital. We are looking for someone who is passionate about envisioning experiences that push imaginative solutions to enable the bank's clients to fulfill their financial dreams.
The UX/UI Designer will work on the Citizens Design System team to create best in class digital experiences thru a design system. The ideal candidate should have an eye for design and possess superior UX/UI skills. This individual should be able to design foundational systems, UI components, tools, and processes that enable designers and developers to create consistent, modular, intuitive and engaging user experiences. The position will contribute to creating and aligning user experience across a variety of platforms and devices for Citizens. This individual should have the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
Citizens is embarking on an... extensive program of innovative digital transformation. That's why we're looking for motivated team players to embrace our user-centric vision and help facilitate change. It's an opportunity to be a creative contributor on many projects.
Green Pixel Studios colleagues are charged with devoting dedicated time to pursuing innovation and delivering UX/UI expertise to the bank in its digital projects. This role with the studio team will support Consumer Banking, including the dot com storefront, sales applications, the secure user environments of online and mobile banking, and internal sites, as needed.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Driving and evolving the creative direction, UX/UI design, architecture, build, maintenance, support, and advocacy of theCitizens Design System(CBDS) UI Kit.
- Identify and design reusable low-level foundation systems and frameworks, elements, components, interaction patterns and layouts that enable designers and developers to create high-quality, production-ready user experiences across different product areas, geographies, and platforms.
- Uphold and be accountable for high standards for design and product quality control, re-usability, and definition of standards to support the Citizens Design System thru hands-on collaboration with designers, developers, researchers, and accessibility experts.
- Facilitate and absorb designer contributions to the CBDS UI Kit while providing subject matter expertise, creative direction, coaching, and training on usage and best practices.
- Write and publish documentation, usage guidelines, and visual assets that teach designers, developers, writers, and other stakeholders how to use the Citizens Design System.
- Motivate, inspire, and influence others to use the Citizens Design System and best UX practices via show-n-tells, intake meetings, within design crits and review sessions, pairing sessions or other meetings.
- Participates in identifying and defining strategic initiatives as well as supporting those efforts.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to conceptualize ideas and implement compelling customer-focused solutions across all digital touch points.
- Work through fast-paced iterations and feedback as requirements progress and prototypes increase in fidelity.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- 2+ years of relevant professional UX/UI experience in the software/design/digital world, preferbaly working on design systems.
- 2+ years of relevant, on-the-job UX/UI experience delivering design systems for web and/or native applications.
- Deep understanding of the pillars of design systems, including principles, foundations, components, and patterns as both a design system consumer and contributor.
- Proven UX/UI experience with a strong portfolio, with at least on case-study, that demonstrates extensive experience designing digital experiences for native (iOS, Android, etc.) and/or responsive web-based applications with a focus on modular, systems-based design thru a design system UI Kit.
- Proficiency working in modern design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Abstract, Figma, Invision, Marvel, or similar.
- Excellent UX/UI/Visual Design skills with a high sensitivity to user-system interaction including demonstrated ability to break down experiences into re-usable modular styles, elements, components, patterns, and behaviors; including creation of specs, documentation, and guidelines with a high-level of attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Strong and broad understanding of web/native UI standards, usability, accessibility standards (ADA, WCAG), and practical experience in design and development of user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to quickly re-prioritize in a dynamic environment, manage multiple projects at the same level of detail.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree required
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague's or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.