Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, this paralegal position provides intermediate legal and/or contracting support for assigned functions such as clinical, commercial, general, and/or administrative.
This position has the ability to be up to 100% remote or Boston based.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a paralegal, negotiate a wide range of contracts (template and non-standard agreements), including master service agreements, service agreements, software-related agreements, consulting agreements, data privacy addendums, clinical, and other related agreements with minimal Counsel support.
- Assist Counsel with drafting, reviewing and negotiating non-routine or more complex agreements Manage a high volume of contract negotiations under tight timelines.
- Interpret existing non-standard or more complex contracts or other legal documents, with assistance from Counsel, and identify potential issues.
- Perform legal research and analyze relevant statutes, decisions... codes, etc., providing findings to Counsel.
- Support ongoing company-wide initiatives, including policy development, template standardization and adoption of contract-related technologies.
- Train and guide business teams on the use of routine and/or non-standard contract templates, contract issues and best practices.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with business
- Bachelor's degree, Associate's degree or paralegal certification
- 5+ years of relevant legal work experience
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with or in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device or healthcare industries.
- Excellent drafting and negotiations skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ...@vrtx.com