Data Scientist II
Exciting Data Scientist II Opportunity at Serco!
Leverage your “science first” mentality, curiosity, deep technical expertise, and problem-solving skills to explore, discover, and predict patterns and insights within complex data sets. This includes enabling government to capitalize on the value proposition of advanced analytics, and the derivation of clear narratives that help our clients understand their data and how those insights address their research questions.
This position is in Chicago, IL. Onsite at the John C. Klucyznski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn St. Suite 3098, Chicago, IL 60604.
Due to COVID workplace restrictions, this position will temporarily be allowed to work remotely.
You will be responsible for the following duties:
- Facilitate access to all-inclusive marketing event and response details that encompass both national, local, and virtual marketing platforms. This information will create a common operating picture... to provide immediate input on marketing effectiveness of events planned and executed at all levels of the command. This is particularly important to demonstrate the linkage between local marketing campaigns and all the responses that they may generate, even to the national platforms to justify the resourcing.
- Facilitate analytics from GoArmy.com, Adobe Analytics, Salesforce Datorama, and Google Analytics by:
- Developing and maintaining reporting metrics, providing data extracts, and conducting analysis on website-wide metrics for general situational awareness for Army Recruiting Command leadership and staff.
- Conducting regional/local website analysis over specific timeframes to aid in the assessment of Training and Doctrine Fusion Board events.
- Developing and maintaining reporting metrics and conducting analysis on local ad placements linked to website calls to action as part of Army Recruiting Command marketing campaigns.
- Conducting analysis on unit-level websites; compare effectiveness among the commands and teasing out best practices.
- Facilitate social media analytics with tools such as DigiMine by:
- Developing and maintaining reporting metrics, providing data extracts, and conducting analysis on the collective social media marketing effort across all platforms used in Army Recruiting Command, conducting regional/local and platform-specific analysis of Army Recruiting Command Social Media campaigns.
- Developing reporting techniques and formats for easy consumption by Army Recruiting Command leadership and staff
- Tracking all common metrics (e.g., Likes, Shares, Comments, Retweets, Reach, Engagement Rate, Followers, Response Times, etc.) to determine the most effective ways to measure team performance; highlight best practices for optimal engagement of the target audience; and associate responses to particular campaigns.
Qualifications, Requirements, Education, Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A DoD Secret Level Security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Level Security Clearance
- At least 2-5 years of experience in the field related to the Job Descriptions list above
- Bachelor's Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computer science, economics, or other related business or technical discipline is required
- Extensive experience in social media analytics and marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Experience in Adobe Analytics - marketing analytics background
- Experience with data analytical tools, languages, and libraries such as Python with Pandas, scikit-learn, and others, and R using RStudio
- Experience with regression models, time series models, decision trees, random forests, and text analytics using additional support models and methods to analyze and model marketing and lead data for trends and effectiveness.
- Ability to frame and scale data problems to analyze, visualize, and find data solutions, and translate customer qualitative requirements into quantitative and technical approaches
- Experience creating meaningful data visualizations and interactive dashboards using platforms such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, RShiny, plotly, and d3.js to communicate findings and relate them back to how your insights create business impact
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL; preferred qualifications include linking analytic and data visualization products to database connections
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
Preferred experience in the following areas:
- DoD experience is preferred, with marketing and recruiting experience
- A current and active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance
- Experience in Data science methods across all aspects of analytics to include descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive.
- Experience Unstructured text and natural language processing
- Experience Supervising algorithm implementation in on-premises and cloud-based computing environments
- Experience Developing software to generate reports and visualizations that summarize data sets and provide data-driven insights
CALL TO ACTION: If you are interested in supporting and working with our customer and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration.
It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets