Credit Sesame is a fast growing FinTech company, a pioneer and the leader in personal credit management with a disruptive vision for personal finance through its recent acquisition and entry into digital banking. Headquartered in the Bay Area with presence across the US and Canada and growing globally, Credit Sesame is helping consumers' cash work for their credit and their credit work for their cash by applying advanced data science, AI and machine learning for better financial wellness. Our purpose is to be the “go to” brand for financial wellness.
We are looking for a seasoned analytics expert who can help unleash the full power of data and analytics to drive the business and support the growth of the Analytics team. This role provides a unique opportunity to both solve our company’s most interesting problems and develop new product, customer and business strategies.
This is an Individual Contributor role and the exact title could vary based on experience.
- provide... end-to-end analytic services to partners from Product, Marketing, CRM, Business Development, Engineering, Finance and more. Own and support all analytic needs of your stakeholders and business functions. Manage stakeholder relationships. Maintain a strong partner mindset, anticipate needs and proactively propose solutions;
- unleash full power of data and analytics to gain deep understanding of our business and its key drivers, and drive high-impact initiatives across the business;
- carry out complex data analyses using a variety of tools and techniques in order to answer business questions, analyze emerging trends, connect cause and effect, solve problems and identify opportunities;
- enable data-driven decision making, automate and scale insight generation, and achieve business growth;
- pull, interpret, clean, validate and integrate data. Design, build and maintain source-of-truth datasets by stitching together data from multiple sources. Ensure data quality, consistency and reliability;
- design, build and maintain business metrics, reports and dashboards;
- define key business metrics and KPIs to understand user behavior, quantify inputs and measure outcomes at various points in the customer journey;
- translate business requirements into analytic tasks, execute those tasks and re-translate analytic solutions into business decisions and outcomes. Synthesize findings clearly and concisely and make thoughtful recommendations to partners by combining business savvy and analytic rigor;
- validate business hypotheses with data. Size and quantify potential impact of business opportunities to help set up campaigns, experiments and interventions;
- design, measure and analyze business experiments across multiple channels such as web, app and email. Draw inferences and learnings from past experiments and campaigns, uncover insights and make recommendations for future iterations. Automate the process to iterate and scale while ensuring quality, consistency and speed;
- create automated analytic capabilities and deliver self-serve solutions to the business at scale;
- identify and recommend optimizations for products and features based on analytic insights.
You're a great fit for our team because...
- you have a bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative discipline;
- you have technical expertise in business analytics, statistics, econometrics or data science;
- you have experience with digital-native businesses e.g. e-commerce, B2C SaaS, fintech;
- you have experience with product analytics; experience with products like Mixpanel, Optimizely, Braze, Recurly is a big plus; experience with B2B or B2C SaaS/Subscription products is a plus;
- you have experience managing customer life cycle, defining, measuring and optimizing KPIs for revenue, retention, engagement, LTV;
- you're a master of SQL. Ability to write complex queries and deliver production-grade code with necessary optimizations;
- you have experience with large datasets and Big Data ecosystem, preferably AWS, and production systems like Git, Airflow etc;
- you're able to design and build complex reports and dashboards. Expert proficiency in at least one visualization tool e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Chartio;
- you have sound knowledge of statistical analysis, especially hypothesis testing, experiment design, measurement and optimization, A/B and multivariate testing, Bayesian testing;
- you have an ability to build bread-and-butter data science models i.e. linear regression, binary classification, decision trees, clustering & segmentation, forecasting;
- you have basic scripting skills with Python or R. Advanced programming in Python is desirable;
- you have experience with Data Engineering processes, ETL, data flows, analytics automation and best practices;
- you have strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to convert analytic solutions into business insights and recommendations;
- you're comfortable with being process-driven like an engineer and purpose-driven like a business manager;
- you have an ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines;
- you have an ability to work in a cross-functional team and manage multiple stakeholders;
- you have an ability to balance short-term, medium-term and long-term objectives and successfully deliver on all fronts;
- you desire to work, excel and grow in a diverse, challenging and highly collaborative ecosystem.
You'll love it here because...
- you‘ll have huge potential to grow with a company that’s a category leader;
- you’ll have equity in a pre-IPO company backed by top VCs;
- we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance with many plan options;
- we offer monthly fitness, phone and internet reimbursement;
- you can fuel up at our stocked kitchens with endless snacks and drinks;
- we prize EQ and empathy, and have a culture that emphasizes total wellness, including work-life harmony.
We are open to hiring remotely for this role. You could also work out of our Toronto, San Francisco or our Mountain View office—you decide!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace