UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center – Montlake, UW Medical Center - Northwest, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest. Of the $778 million in gifts and private grants raised in FY20 by the University of Washington, UW Medicine raised $376 million (48 percent of the University’s total) in gifts and private grants from over 19,000 donors. The University of Washington has just completed a multi-billion-dollar campaign, during which UW Medicine raised over $2.5 billion.
The UW Medicine Advancement team has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Director for Digital Engagement (Assistant Director) within the Communications team. The Assistant Director executes communications and marketing strategies across multiple digital platforms to engage current and future donors, alumni, volunteers and other stakeholders in support of UW Medicine Advancement’s fundraising goals. This... position is responsible for implementing the website and email strategies for stewardship, annual philanthropy and pipeline development, including regular mass donor communications. The Assistant Director reports to the Director for Strategic Communications.
Email Communications (60%):
- Builds, sends and measures stewardship, annual philanthropy and mass communication emails in Marketo.
- Supports fundraisers and the stewardship team in the development of Thankview messages.
- Continually tests variables and provides recommendations and support to teams on strategy, content, layout and approaches to improve their results.
- Coordinates with the data management team to pull lists and pull reports and monitors and distribute dashboards.
- Implements automated email campaigns, continually monitoring and reporting.
- Works with UW’s Marketo team to build new templates, make template modifications and troubleshoot issues.
- Coordinates with UW Medicine's Strategic Marketing and Communications team on patient facing emails.
- Publishes content, builds webpages, creates webforms and installs plugins in WordPress for UW Medicine Advancement website properties and intranet.
- Sets up and manages Google Analytics, establishing conversion goals and metrics, reporting on those goals regularly.
- With Associate Director for Digital Communications, follows best practices in mobile compatibility, SEO, functionality and UX when maintaining UW Medicine Advancement website properties.
Other duties as assigned (5%)
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in website development and email automation. Equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may substitute for degree.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing websites and using Google Analytics to track and improve performance, and building and sending mass emails and email campaigns in automated email marketing clients, preferably Marketo.
- High level of proficiency with WordPress (or other comparable website platforms), HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Email Automation Clients (preferably Marketo) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams). Basic video editing and design skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidences and protect confidential information. Ability to act in a selfless manner and model ethical values of UW Medicine.
- Information and Technology: Leverages technology to further the strategic goals of the office. Adept at the technology tools, software, coding and data systems required to accomplish work. Keeps current on emerging technologies, changes in systems, and new applications as pertinent to position. Utilizes electronic resources securely; protects all data, electronic or otherwise, from vulnerability.
- Results Oriented: Gets things done well and on-time. Prioritizes goal setting, tracking and reporting. Good at figuring out the processes to get things done and simplifying complex processes. Demonstrates excellent time management skills and has proven ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines. Shows strong organizational skills and ability to keep projects moving forward. Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations, exercise good judgment based on information and analysis in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment in an organized and professional manner.
- Service Oriented: Anticipates and addresses the needs of the office. Clearly and professionally communicates in both written and verbal communications with colleagues to establish reasonable project timelines and advance projects. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation. Has a poised, professional manner.
- Promotes Diversity and Inclusiveness: Respects, supports and contributes to the UW’s commitment to inclusiveness and diversity.
- High Attention to Detail: Develops and follows systems to check work and ensure accuracy. Shows strong organizational skills to consistently deliver high quality work. Ability to notice and flag even the smallest errors or potential problems or issues, regardless of size or scale, and shows a commitment to investigating and addressing those errors or issues. Highly trustworthy, with a commitment to excellence. Can work alone and on sensitive tasks.
- Knowledge of UW Marketing and Communications policies and procedures, including Marketo and website